hf1

My nappies - swaddlebees, motherease and prefolds

My avatar
Cathpants
Clothie
Clothie

My nappies - swaddlebees, motherease and prefolds

Postby Cathpants » Sat May 12, 2007 3:03 pm

OK thought I'd just give a quick rundown of where I am with my nappies. I'd post on the other bit but I couldn't find a category for all 3 nappy types to post in so I'll put it here, hope that's OK Tory! Will the board police come and get me?

Before I start, I've got a nearly 3 yr old (big un) and nearly 1 yr old (little un) boys.

I've been using cotton bottoms/ bambino mio, and motherease for nearly 3 years now.

They're all great, although cotton bottoms and bambino mio I think start to lose their benefit when the kids get bigger and are crawling/ running about. I'm just about on the last size for my little un and don't intend to buy any more. My big un doesn't like them, says they're uncomfy now (they are a bit stiff)

I've always loved my motherease, they are the belt and braces of the nappy world, never leak, fit from a newborn up to a toddler, must be the cheapest way to do washable nappies I'm sure (besides terry squares of course). However the endless poppers have finally got to me!!! Plus the fact they're soo bulky, and my big un often doesn't fit in his clothes because of them.

Anyway so all in all I was starting to fall off the wagon, the pair of them wore disposables while they were ill and I've struggled to get back into them. Then we did start wearing them again and the little un got his nappy rash back, so looks like he's allergic to wee

Sooo, after posting and reading on babycentre. I started to get drawn into the discussions on pocket nappies, people were saying how good they were, then I had a read on the internet and found out some were made specifically to stop the allergic reaction to wee! So I bought 2 swaddlebees. And I love them!! Bought 2 more! Love the colours, love how easy they are. I don't love how much they cost and how much they would cost if hat's all I had for 2 kids, but they are great. And I've stuffed them with cheap microfibre cloths from poundland and these are working fine

I have found they rubbed on the little un a bit on his stomach but he's crawling so when he's walking I imagine it will be better.

Wish I could justify buying them to use all the time but i can't part with my other nappies just yet.

Anyway that's me and my nappies!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon May 14, 2007 10:27 am

:lol: :lol: ...falling off the wagon, how funny!!!!!

8) 8) :lol: :lol: .. and board police, we are so scary, so much so that I'm going to move this to general nappy chat lol!!!!! :P

Glad you are loving your pockets. I saw Heidis SB pockets and they are lovely!!!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon May 14, 2007 10:47 am

Now I'm tempted to get some swaddlbees! Ruth came round with Jack last week and they did look nice!

Well I do have some refund money to spend! :lol:

Cath I'm sure they're on offer at the moment... do what I've been doing... sell stuff on ebay to buy the new nappies!!

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Mon May 14, 2007 6:00 pm

:!: :!: :!: I'm so excited for you Cath :!: :!: :!: (How sad?!) :lol: I love swaddlebees they are a great fit on Jack and by far my fave nappy for ease of putting them on and how fab they look! I was embarressed at Hannah's because mine leaked :( but I did realise he had been in it for 4 hours and was sat in a very odd position in his tot seat at the time :lol: :lol: But I love them. Think I have 9 now :lol: :lol: So tempted to buy more but I can't justify anymore at the moment as I have only been at this for a month (?) and I have 21 nappies now with another Pirate Happy Heiny on the way!!!! Purely because I had an insert without a home!!!!! Have since discovered a couple of extra inserts so may need to find them homes too!!! SOMEONE HELP ME!!!! Oh and that's not including wraps of which I have 4 and have just ordered 2 more as I think I prefer fleece wraps, so tempted by wool but they ARE expensive!! Oh my god I used to have a life and now look at me :? :shock:

My avatar
Cathpants
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Cathpants » Tue May 15, 2007 1:59 pm

Wish we coud have them all the time, can;'t justify getting rid of the others yet though because we do still use them, and if I had another baby (if dp can be persuaded) then the motherease are great for little uns.

How sad too, I ordered my 2nd two and ordered orange and blue ones, and when a white one arrived as an alternative (I'd said they could send me white), I sent it back as I love the coloured ones so much now!

I got them on offer Hannah, on babykind they're 7.50 for applix ones. I think even on e-bay they tend to go for more.

I'm addicted aren't I!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue May 15, 2007 4:16 pm

haha Cath i love my coloured nappies! i only have 1 white because i ordered the wrong size and managed to swap with someone!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat