hf1

Help - I feel like a newbie all over again lol

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Help - I feel like a newbie all over again lol

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:38 pm

poppysmum wrote:I love them but both my babies have been nearly 9 lbs born so wondering if newborn will be a cost effective buy?
You don't need to buy newborn size. They're available in small medium and large too. :wink:

My avatar
poppysmum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby poppysmum » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:53 am

so do u think small will be ok?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:04 am

Iris wore smalls from birth - she was 8lb 15oz. (Callum is the size of an average 3 month old, so I'm excluding him here!) I didn't have any xsmall nappies for Iris. I found BumGenius pockets a surprisingly good fit from birth for a BTP nappy. Fuzzis were also good. I'm one of the people that liked Sandy's - the small sized fit her well from birth. Definitely get bamboo if you go for those, though.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:57 am

my newborn stash consisted of just small and XS bumgenius AIOs, fab and so easy to use. DD was 8lb 4 and we probably could have skipped the xs size and gone straight for smalls.

we bought them new for £10 each, got £50 off from the local council and sold them on for £7.50 each used so worked out pretty cheap and they fitted until DD was about 15lb x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:15 am

poppysmum wrote:so do u think small will be ok?

If you're expecting baby to be 8lbs or over I would say yes they would probably be fine. You could always ask for umbi snaps to be added to the smalls as well. My 3 have all got smaller and Katie was 6lb 12 so I am expecting this one to be between 6lbs and 6.5lbs as she is already slightly smaller than she should be at 20 weeks. Well I hope so as I have got lots of teeny nappies and don't want them to be too small. :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:26 am

Just thought I'd throw in my thoughts on newborn nappies on a budget. We didn't get any 'newborn' just smalls and newborn wraps. I've folded down and nippa'd everything. Liam's still quite small, 6lbs 12oz at 3.5 weeks so we're still nippaing, but it works great and means that I only had to buy one size less than I might have done (maybe letting you get a few nicer nappies as you're only buying one and not two of everything? :wink: ) I don't know if you'll have to do this with an 8 pounder, but if you find that his nappies are a touch too large at the beginning, it's always an option.

Aplix nappies are extra bulky at the front when nippa'd so I would recommend poppers or nippa nappies. We have a bamboo LL and I'm wishing that I had a more because it's the only one that I don't have to nippa to get a good fit on Liam, I just do up the aplix. Nippa'd terries and prefolds are a must to round out our stash as Liam goes through so many nappies a day right now, I can't keep up with the washing!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat