hf1

Where do I go f/here? toddler nappies - pics w/comparison p3

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Where do I go from here? (toddler nappies)

Postby joeli » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Thanks everyone. Am going to try a few puddlekins and see how we get on.

Should have said, we had a few Weenotions HR and they just don't fit anymore! He keeps getting builders bum. I thought they were too short but I think it's probably just a bad fit on him. He has the skinniest waist so needs a good tight fit around there.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Easyfit v2 is what works for us right now. Ryan's outgrown/outgrowing the rise on a lot of his nappies, we can just about still get away with BG (agree that v4 is slightly better, but difference is pretty minimal), out of pop-ins, ittis are fine if he isn't going to poo... But the Easyfit works as the rise is good and they hold his power wees.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:25 pm

TBH we now get builders bum in all nappies :roll: . I found the easyfits V2 too short on the rise. I hope you find something that works - I'm just hanging in until P/T!

When I was asking how to avoid builders bum, Hanna suggested a front snap nappy *might* be better than side snap so that's worth bearing in mind too.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:31 pm

Happy Heiny OS pockets are more generous than BG's. We have a couple and they are very roomy and have 3 rows of rise poppers so are more adjustable than BG's, they have prints too :D

My avatar
Samm1985
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Samm1985 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:03 pm

Just wanted to add my two pence, the bgv4's are bigger than the v3's. The v3's don't fit that well any more where as the v4's do ( Xavier's around 30lb). As others have said fuzzi's come up quite large too and you can get those preloved pretty cheap. At night we use toddler bb plus, lls in large and have a large pk but that doesn't fit around Xaviers thights anymore.

Anyway happy buying

Samxxx

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Thanks again for all the input! It is much appreciated!

Found this site: http://www.funkymonkeypants.com
Got some lovely happy heinys prints (we have these pockets now and know they work/fit), some happy heinys trainer pants (pocket nappy really) which should fit for another 10lbs and can be pulled up and down, and some knickernappies pockets which are birth-to-potty and apparently fit up to 40lbs. So we'll see how we get on with those! A wetbag and new wipes may have found their way into my cart :oops: .

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Where do I go f/here? (toddler nappies) - what i bought p.2!

Postby Shaunie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Oh my goodness, why did I check out your link.......didn't realise HH did snap closure.......scuttles off to order one to try :lookround:

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Shaunie wrote:Oh my goodness, why did I check out your link.......didn't realise HH did snap closure.......scuttles off to order one to try :lookround:

I'm trying the snap closure too! Very slighlty worried as they say they've improved them to get better fit on smaller babies by shortening the rise a bit, so possible these might not fit as long, but I think they'll be okay for a little while and the prints are so lovely that i'm happy to put them aside for next babba should they not fit Leo.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:06 pm

There are 2 one-size versions, one of which has had the rise shortened, the other is the traditional but improved one. Off to check now because I've ordered the traditional one!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat