hf1

Where do I go f/here? toddler nappies - pics w/comparison p3

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Where do I go f/here? toddler nappies - pics w/comparison p3

Postby joeli » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:28 am

So Leo is 17 months and roughly 30lbs and has a high rise. We've been using some pockets and motherease sandies size 2. Everything will fit until the next growth spurt and who knows when that will come! My worry is that he'll wake up one morning and none of the nappies will fit.

I'm wondering where we do we go from here? Should I buy toddler motherease because I know we get on with those? Leo hates lying down for nappy change which is why we get on with the sandies at the moment--just snap them and pull them up.

We can't use any microfibre or a lot of stay-dry liners as well (fleece is okay). I know one option is Minki Huggle XL and we might go that route for nighttime but they are so bulky for day.

My other consideration is that we are strongly thinking about TTC for baby #2. I don't really want to spend a fortune on toddler nappies that the next baby might not need. But then again, with Leo being so big, next baby will probably be big as well. In my ideal world I'd find a new one-size nappy that fits Leo so could use for next baby as well. He just about still fits into a Weenotion one-size pocket. Anything similar that's just a bit larger?

I don't see Leo potty-training anytime soon as he is terrified of potty. But we are in the process of buying a house and new house has hard-wood floors so I see a lot more nappy-free time in our future and maybe that will get him started.

In the interest of full-disclosure I am getting really bored of the plain white sandies and Leo was really happy the other day when his pocket nappy had stars on it so I'd love some pretty prints and that may be part of the issue of wanting new nappies.
Last edited by joeli on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Where do I go from here? (toddler nappies)

Postby ladybird » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:35 am

We had Tallin in nappies at night until he was 7. He's skinny and can squeeze into 3-4yrs stuff around his waist. We were using HL toddler Bedbugs and Puddlekins and LLS custom made. Jimmy Riddles and ZZD pocket fitteds worked too.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:42 am

Ryan is still in nappies at night at 5 1/2. We use toddler Holdens Landings, XL Dunk n Fluffs (although the Ls do still fit him too) and Puddlekins. Not sure about commercially produced toddler nappies though or pockets, sorry.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:56 am

Noah fits into large high-rise weenotions, they were a better fit than onesize on him. Also toddler Holdens landings, large puddlekins, large/xl LLS although I bet the large would be fine on Leo, the XL is pretty big and has loads of growing room on Noah..

No idea with the onesize though, we do have greenkids and they still fit him too. Vie used the occasional one overnight, they can go quite low in the rise whilst still overing full coverage, its just down to how much you stuff them with.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Nathan has quite a high rise too and we have been using LLS at night, Puddlekins OS during the day ( the large rise is ok but we get leg gape), large fuzzis have quite a high rise. our large Dunk n Fluffs are ok too. Our greenkids give us a builders bum!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:44 am

The largest & highest rise O/S pocket I ever had were Mommy's touch one's. They are plain but I found them very roomy with a good rise *but* I haven't tried on in a while so may find them different now.

Isaac wears high rise WN's. I can't get a WNOS on him because they won't do up around the waist. Wonderoo's V2 were OK on the rise but Isaac still got builders bum but he gets that in every nappy.

People do say the the BG V4 are more generously sized with a higher rise than the V3 so may be worth a try? Sized fuzzi's come up big but I have no idea about their O/S version.

ETA - Toddler HL are fab in the rise for my 2 tall boys.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:48 am

If you like Sandys and get on with them then I would say stick with them. If they are a bit boring then why not get some coloured ones? (or dye some yourself?).

Also, from what others have said, Toddler HLs might be worth a try? You can get some lovely ones, and sounds like they would be big enough.

Rach xx

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:01 pm

We have just moved onto Toddler bedbugs and found them very reliable and a generous fit, also the largest fitting fitted we have is a large high rise wn, Conan is 28lbs but more tall and skinny than anything.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:01 pm

I know izzy is a bit small :giggle: but she fitted in HR WN from very early on and can still fit now age 2 she is on 2nd tightest snaps for waist so i reckon she would still fit them for months. I would cross the bridge when you get to it.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat