hf1

Stupidly pleased but.

My avatar
x2008xbabyx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Stupidly pleased but.

Postby x2008xbabyx » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:28 pm

When we got our freecycled preloved AIO's we were also given the remainder of a roll of disp. liners, and I am obviously easily pleased, but when I get Corin dressed in the morning,if he hasn't pooed you can guarantee he will do within a few minutes of having a clean nappy on. It was so easy to deal with this morning as it was just a case of putting in a clean liner and putting the same dry nappy back on, and flushing the rest down the loo. If he'd been wearing a disp. that would have been a whole nappy wasted.

I'm also debating cloth wipes, but at the moment we're using the toddler toilet wipes that are also flushable. It completely threw me having no nappy to wrap the wipes in before it all got binned together, and then I realised another reason why cloth wipes make sense!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Stupidly pleased but.

Postby Shaunie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:50 pm

I've done that too sometimes, been able to use the nappy that has been pooped in if the nappy is dry and there's no mess but like you say, it's usually 1 minutes after you've put it on! Yes, just think how many nappies are thrown away in cases like this.

I switched to washable wipes some time ago now and I only own 1 pack of eco-wipes that I keep in the nappy change bag & the pack last's for months and months!

I have some washable wipes in the treecycle on here going ffp. There's been no interest yet so will bin them if no-one shouts up :wink:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:17 pm

x2008xbabyx wrote:I'm also debating cloth wipes, but at the moment we're using the toddler toilet wipes that are also flushable. It completely threw me having no nappy to wrap the wipes in before it all got binned together, and then I realised another reason why cloth wipes make sense!

That is my number 1 reason for using cloth wipes, there are loads of other reasons too, the convience of being able to wipe & throw it into the nappy & pail them altogether is fab.

Liners are great too. I prefer the fleece ones as they also act as a waterproof barrier between nappy & babies tush.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:48 pm

i want to buy washable wipes, and have been wanting to since dd was born... but we're still getting through the old wipes from ds - they're disposable ones, but we stick them in the wash with the nappies (but in a little mesh bag) - they've been washed hundreds of times and are still going strong. i keep wishing them to disintegrate so that i can buy nice wipes but they just don't.

some brands wash better than others - we mostly used simple baby wipes, and they're what we're still using now. the natures baby ones disintegrateed in the 1st wash though. we haven't bought any wipes since june 2006. :wine:

My avatar
x2008xbabyx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby x2008xbabyx » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Shaunie wrote:
I have some washable wipes in the treecycle on here going ffp. There's been no interest yet so will bin them if no-one shouts up :wink:

I may be interested, but can't remember what ffp is short for! LOL. Could you PM me with details please :giggle:

My avatar
x2008xbabyx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby x2008xbabyx » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:53 pm

oh, and I am planning on switching to fleece liners, am waiting for some via Ebay and also from the Classifieds here, but its just as well I'm using the disp ones atm as Corin had a bit of a sore bum, so have been using metanium cream, so it keeps it off the nappy surface anyway

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:55 pm

i love my washable wipes i made mine as well. need to make more thought.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:01 pm

FFP is free for postage :wink:
Fleece liners are easy to make, just cut up an old fleece jumper, or some cheep fleece material into the size you want. as it doesnt fray you dont need to sew the edges at all

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:20 pm

DS2 used to get a terrible rash when we used paper liners - took months for me to realise. Cleared up and never had it again since we started using fleece liners.

Will pm you now :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat