hf1

I didn't expect this!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: I didn't expect this!

Postby Mareth » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:03 am

tanya2007 wrote:Never mind that when the sposie leaks, you are gonna get more washing anyway. So nappies or clothes, all ends up pretty much the same anyway ;)

Ah, I've known a lot of people that, if a sposie leaked poo on clothes, would just throw the clothes out along with the nappy :shock: rather than wash pooey clothes!

I've had the "Ew I couldn't deal with having to deal with the poo, I'd rather just throw it all in the bin" argument. That's easily solved by the answer of "Erm....you do know it's illegal to throw human waste in your bin, don't you? So even with your sposies you're supposed to empty poo down the toilet."

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:11 am

Geordie_Girl wrote:
tanya2007 wrote:Never mind that when the sposie leaks, you are gonna get more washing anyway. So nappies or clothes, all ends up pretty much the same anyway ;)

Ah, I've known a lot of people that, if a sposie leaked poo on clothes, would just throw the clothes out along with the nappy :shock: rather than wash pooey clothes!

I've had the "Ew I couldn't deal with having to deal with the poo, I'd rather just throw it all in the bin" argument. That's easily solved by the answer of "Erm....you do know it's illegal to throw human waste in your bin, don't you? So even with your sposies you're supposed to empty poo down the toilet."

Oooo what a great answer ^^^^^^^^ I'm going to point this out to ppl next time I face that arguement! :thumbsup:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Ah yes I get this all the time. DP's Dad actually said to me 'eurgh, what do you use them for, they're disgusting'. :shock:

Most of my friends think I'm weird too. A little while back, Lilly had an upset tummy so she had a sposie on and a couple of friends came round, one of them said 'oh my god, you mean to say 'Earth Mother' has put a disposable on her baby?' :roll:

I just ignore it though, I don't care :giggle:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Yep most of my friends just dont get the whole cloth nappy thing. All they ever say is all that washing. I said if washing bothered me I wouldnt have had 3 kids! Even the HV made out that my ds's bum would be soaking but was pleasantly surprised that his nappy was wet and his bum wasnt. The MW loved them though and thought they were great.

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:42 pm

It comes with the territory unfortunately people might think differently when our landfill is full.

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:16 pm

Have to say I wasn't expecting such negative comments either :-?
It's not like I go out of my way to make negative comments about all the sposie users out there... though maybe I should! :pirate:
A colleague at work asked me why on earth I would want to use cloth nappies for Erin, so I just said, "Kinder to her bum, kinder to my purse and kinder to the environment"
She dismissed the cost factor, saying that you could get 100 nappies for £11 at Asda, and as for the envirnment factor well, there was me thinking pretty much along the lines of rhiannon below:

rhiannon wrote:It comes with the territory unfortunately people might think differently when our landfill is full.

But no! She said that it wasn't going to happen in her lifetime, so it didn't bother her!! :shock: :shock:

Another friend is convinced that sposies are kinder to the environment than cloth :| Claiming that the carbon foot print of one cloth nappy is greater than one sposie, what with all the washing you have to do...
Right, so the carbon footprint of the factory & chemicals used per nappy to make disposables, and transportation to get them from the factory to the supermarket doesn't count, huh? :wtf:

Dooby x

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:42 pm

Grrr all these anti-cloth people drive me mad! From now on I'm just gunna say my reasons why I'm using cloth and tell them if they have nothing nice to say then don't say it! And let it go over my head :thumbsup: I think we should all be very proud of our cloth bummed LO's! xx

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:45 pm

My mw wants to borrow some to show the other mw's in her group :giggle: She's already been telling her other pregnant ladies about them :wine: :wine:

I don't think people actually know that you're not supposed to put poo in the wheelie bin :roll: My mum loves them, but my sister is lazy and wouldn't even think about it, says it's all too much work having to wash them. Well, to me what's another load every three days?! I don't notice it really. Plus they're far cuter than sposies any day :wine:

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:02 am

choccylisa wrote:Well, to me what's another load every three days?! I don't notice it really.

My thoughts exactly :D
Plus the satisfaction, on sunny days, of seeing all those nappies on the washing line, swaying in the breeze. Don't know what it is about it, I just love it :yahoo:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat