hf1

Poppers or velcro?

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Poppers or velcro?

Postby weebee » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:17 pm

My next question is which is better- poppers or velcro? Is this very much just a personal thing? I was thinking aplix could give a better fit but then I worry that they will wear less well and the nappies are more likely to stick together in the wash.

I'm very interested to know you're thoughts!

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Poppers or velcro?

Postby laceybat » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:23 pm

poppers as ryan can't undo them yet :roll:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:27 pm

think it is a personal preference thing. Aplix (velcro) can be better on new borns for some but others hate it x

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:30 pm

it's a personal thing i think.

definitely like aplix better on newborns - a tiny adjustment can make a huge difference to a little one, and i found poppers were too far apart so she was always inbetween poppers.

neither of my two have shown signs of wanting to undo aplix (although dd still v young) so that's not a concern here.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:30 pm

Personally can't stand velcro, just end up with a big tangle of fluff in the washing machine and ds could undo it. Going poppers and/or pull up covers all the way with no 2. Lifes too short to spend time defluffing velcro. Plus with velcro you always have a big band of it across their tummies on a little squish.

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Natalie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:55 pm

I hate velcro BUT when Autumn was diddy i just could not get a good fit for bf poop from a popper nappy so bought BG's and they where a god send. Now shes bigger i wouldnt buy any with Velcro x

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:02 pm

I prefer velcro as Max is so wriggly poppers can be more difficult.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Caroline wrote:I prefer velcro as Max is so wriggly poppers can be more difficult.

I'm the same. Poppers can be a nightmare with an active child.

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:16 pm

I prefer poppers, or nappy nippa style nappies.
I do own a couple of aplix/velcro fastening nappies, but they've all gone curly on the corners, meaning they just don't sit flat :-? Plus even on the "soft" side of velcro (the eye part), if I don't manage to uncurl it properly and it sits against Erin's skin, she'll get a red (& often sore) patch of skin :(
As if that wasn't enough, we've also got long haired cats, whose fur gets everywhere, including wedged into the velcro :roll:
I've not used cloth nappies on a new born, so maybe I'll change my mind if we ever get round to having no.2... but from what I've seen after using the nippa style nappies, I can imagine that they would give as much flexibilty fit wise on a new born as a velcro fastening one would.

Dooby x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat