Poppers or velcro?

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Poppers or velcro?

Postby Emma1977 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:27 pm

monsterm wrote:
Caroline wrote:I prefer velcro as Max is so wriggly poppers can be more difficult.

I'm the same. Poppers can be a nightmare with an active child.

WTS. Poppers has never been a great option on DS as found it really hard to get a good fit. For a long time he had a slim waist and chunky thighs so could get a much snugger fit with applix. Most of his pockets have been applix (BGs and Easyfits). He's now 2 and still shows no interest in trying to take them off. My friend's little girl (who is just a few months older) on the other hand is forever trying to take hers off :giggle:

If I did get poppered nappies they had to be side-snap as they are a bitter fit then front-poppers. I loved mu Ittis but always had leg gape with them :(

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Emma1977 wrote:
WTS. Poppers has never been a great option on DS as found it really hard to get a good fit. For a long time he had a slim waist and chunky thighs so could get a much snugger fit with applix. Most of his pockets have been applix (BGs and Easyfits). He's now 2 and still shows no interest in trying to take them off. My friend's little girl (who is just a few months older) on the other hand is forever trying to take hers off :giggle:

If I did get poppered nappies they had to be side-snap as they are a bitter fit then front-poppers. I loved mu Ittis but always had leg gape with them :(

Other way round for us, fat tummy and skinny legs. We get wing droop with Ittis. I do have a few poppers (BG's and Wonderoos) but found side snaps a nightmare do up so I sold them all.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:37 pm

I agree it's a personal thing. Personally I prefer poppers for many reasons, i.e. nappies stay looking nicer for longer (aplix tends to look grey/worn very quickly), Lilly can't undo poppers whereas she can apix, oh and I prefer side snap nappies anyway.

However I have a few aplix nappies in our stash as my DP and grandparents etc find it easier, plus as people say it is more adjustable-i have more aplix nappies in my newborn stash than I do in Lilly's.

Rach xx

My avatar
lacemakingmum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby lacemakingmum » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:28 pm

I had no choice with Peter as due to his fragile skin any velcro touching him could rub his skin off (including the furry side) so we used a mixture of poppers and Nippas - nippas did give give a much better fit though.
Last edited by lacemakingmum on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:37 pm

Nippas all the way for us on fitteds. Didn't really get on with poppers or aplix for all the reasons above. For nighttime pockets aplix was fine though - eg minki / happy Heiney.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:38 pm

we used velcro nappies when DD was little (BG V3 mainly) and they were great, but once we started using fitteds as well I got fed up of everything sticking together in the wash, and didn't want my expensive OBV nappies trashed, so I switched over to poppers totally when DD was about 6 months. She also started being able to undo applix really early. She's working on undoing poppers at the moment though :roll:

We only get on with side snap nappies, front snap just don't work for us at all. I would probably go for all poppers with no 2, I've never tried a nippa nappy though, they scare me!

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:52 pm

I'd say velcro for newborn or young babies who don't move too much but poppers for older. Velcro has been a nightmare for me since reuben's been rolling/crawling etc as it's not as 'sticky' as it was new and sometimes even comes undone when he's wearing them!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Poppers on both a newborn and an older baby. Poppers don't scratch boobies when you're breastfeeding half undressed, aplix does! I've not had an issue with either baby of poppers not fitting well. You can do poppers up and pull the nappy on an older baby, meaning they don't have to be laid down. (Iris wouldn't lay still for nappy changes once she could crawl.) It really depends on the shape of your Bub and your personal preference.

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby clairegrace » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:25 am

We have both. I use poppers mainly as Grace tries to undo velcro and has done for a while (she also undo's 'sposies) but I have a stash of BG's for when I go back to work for her nanas to use as it's difficult enough to get her to stay still for a nappy change without fumbling with poppers if you have slightly less dexterous fingers!!

I must admit, I need to remind them to fasten the velcro lower down as she had a red mark where the velcro had rubbed the other day after her auntie did a nappy change when she was trying to escape.

I've also got a couple of nappies with side snaps but I struggle to get them on myself when she's wriggling. :babyroll: :babyroll:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat