hf1

Why do people ask you to add Paypal fees?

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Why do people ask you to add Paypal fees?

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:42 pm

I often ask for fees covered and by the time you have bartered the price will usually be at least as low as they had originally asked with no fees added and more often than not lower still. I would think anyone with a business would have factored in the cost of pp fees when they set up :wink: so you will pay fees there too, its just not as visible iyswim.

My avatar
hobbitfoot
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hobbitfoot » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:18 pm

Thanks ladies, I knew I could count on you for answers.

I didn't realise paypal fees worked like that. I suppose it matters to me cos I never charge people fees cos I think I'm getting the same protection and convenience from Paypal that they are, so I lose out on fees when a buyer and a seller.

If we sellers aren't protected the same way as buyers are by Paypal then I may start asking people to cover fees and not feel guilty about it!xx

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:45 pm

Sellers are only protected through paypal if they have used a recorded delivery service via the royal mail or a courier. Proof of posting isnt enough for PP to find it in your favour but it is good enough for the RM for you to claim the money back from them.

I ask for a round amount then add fees but very often I reduce it a few times before it sells which then almost negates the PP fees and postage costs.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat