hf1

BG and Baby Development

My avatar
Boo
Clothie
Clothie

BG and Baby Development

Postby Boo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:35 pm

It's been hard going convincing DH about cloth nappies, but I've continued and have a stash of BG and flips.. It was all going so well!! But today I think he's made a point that wins!! Noticed in LOs development book that he should be rolling over next week. In his BG he didn't even bend his legs... Gave him free nappy time and he kicking and pulling his legs up non-stop. Tried him in a disposal and it was the same!! :-(

I'm so disappointed - I don't want to do anything to hinder his development, plus DH won't stop bl00dy going on about it :P

Really wanted to give cloths a good go..

Maybe just for night-times?? Anyone else have this problem? I don't want to give up...

Help!!x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: BG and Baby Development

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:46 pm

First of all put away the book! Babies are all individual and do things when they are ready and not when some book says so!
Being cloth bummed will not inhibit their development, in fact it has benefits for example when the bump to their bums they have more padding that a sposie baby so get less bruised bums.
Only our 3rd child was a cloth baby and she did nothing any later than the other 2 :wink:
Oh and I think you will find that all babies cloth or not have a right good kick about during nappy free time x

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:48 pm

I agree definitely put away the books - Tyler was a cloth baby from about 4 months and he has always been well ahead of where the books put him so they definitely haven't hindered his progress in any way :hug:

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Honestly, don't listen to the book.. They're just guidelines!

My youngest two have worn cloth and they were both rolling really early on, about 12weeks old, which was a lot sooner than my older two who both wore disposables. You've chosen a very slim nappy and it shouldn't affect babies development at all! They all develop in their own time.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Yep what they all said...

Cloth used to be the only option before sposies were invented and people developed just fine...

All of mine have been cloth bummed...my daughter didn't crawl till she was 1 and didn't walk till she was almost 17 months...my son on the other hand crawled at 6 months and walked at 10 months :)

My avatar
sezzlebum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sezzlebum » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:12 pm

like the others said, put the book away!
i have 3 girls, i didnt use cloth on the first 2, just Aimee, cloth didnt hinder her development, infact she started walking at 9 months whereas the other 2 were 1 :giggle:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:15 pm

Sometimes I wish the cloth would slow down dd but no chance :giggle: . Your baby will meet their developmental milestones when they are ready regardless of nappy size.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:47 pm

WTS. Cloth nappies will not impair your baby's development in any way. 30 years ago cloth nappies were the norm and babies still managed to learn to roll over, crawl walk etc. :wink: In fact, cloth nappies can aid development. Cloth nappies keep babies hips apart at the optimum angle for hip joint development and provide a nice squahy landing when learning to walk. Some parents also maintain that babies with cloth bums potty train earlier. So please stop worrying. DD used to go mad kicking when we took her nappy off too - but it had nothing to do with her nappy restricting her and everything to do with her enjoying her moments of 'freedom'!

My avatar
Boo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Boo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Thank you for your reassurance ladies... :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat