hf1

Newbie help?! Please x x

My avatar
Nikki-lou25
Clothie
Clothie

Newbie help?! Please x x

Postby Nikki-lou25 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:52 pm

I got some Cushie Tushies preloved & they seemed fine & in great condition but after only a few washes 1 seems crinkly & leaky and all the inserts are curly! Am I doin something wrong? My eBay cheapies are surviving better than them?!

Also my totsbots bamboozles are a bit 'stiff' any tips on how to soften when I have no tumble dryer?

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Newbie help?! Please x x

Postby fivefourfour » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:40 pm

I've found that some of my nappies/boosters go stiff. Rubbing them between my hands tends to soften them nicely. Are you in a hard water area?

Not sure about the Cushie Tushies, I've not used them. Someone else will be along in a mo to help, I'm sure.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:46 pm

i'm in a very hard water area, and my old bamboozles are terribly hard, as are all of my hemp inserts. my only solution is taking them to the MIL's to tumble dry them, but we only go there every other month so that's not a huge help.

i reemember reading someone say to put them when they're dry in your washing machine on a spin cycle with a dryer ball, and that helps roughen them up and makes them smoother.

if you have enough of them, and if you do have hard water, you could try washing half and leaving them out on the line to be rained on - it'll wash some of the hard water out. we don't seem to be getting much rain where i am though so might be a while waiting for that.

My avatar
sezzlebum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sezzlebum » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:13 pm

sadly cushies do tend to go crinkly and the boosters always curl up, sucks really considering their cost

My avatar
Nikki-lou25
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Nikki-lou25 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:36 pm

sezzlebum wrote:sadly cushies do tend to go crinkly and the boosters always curl up, sucks really considering their cost

:cry: they're so pretty but I'm glad I didn't pay full price for them!

We are in a 'moderatly' hard water area. I think I'll try the dryer balls in a spin cycle & when I get my washin line put up I'll try the rain thing :) a lot of my stash are cheapies but I don't wanna ruin my 'good nappies' lol newbie still has lots to learn

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat