hf1

Not reaching for certain nappies - why ?

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Not reaching for certain nappies - why ?

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:15 pm

I don't mean because of fit/absorbancy issues but for no real reason ...

Pointless post really, I was just pondering this and wondering if it's just me or if anyone else does or has done this?

If I have a nappy that doesn't suit because of fit, absorbancy or whatever I am quite quick to sell it on & replace...

The only exception to this were the custom embroidered minkee WNOS I bought while pregnant and that just didn't seem to fit Rufus for ages & ages ... I did scale down 10 to 6 in the end & they fit now, but as they were a BTP it didn't seem that much of a problem to keep them a while.... anyway...

At the moment I have 2 beautiful gorgeous nappies sat in the drawer that I never seem to pick up and use, when I do use them it is because I think 'better use those they were really expensive' ... there is nothing wrong with them at all, the fit is lovely, the colours are beautiful, they are super absorbant and they were customs so exactly what I asked for ... yet they still sit there :-?

I don't know if it's because they are dyed OBV and I seem to favour prints at the moment or because there was a bit of a plaaver with getting them, waited nigh on 3 months for a custom I'd ordered which by the time it arrived was too small, then had to sell that & re-order a larger size, the WAHM did give me a discount to say sorry so I got 2 instead of just a straight replacement ... so I spent all this money on them & they've been worn 5 times at most ... surely this is madness :oops: :oops:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Not reaching for certain nappies - why ?

Postby monsterm » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:39 pm

I think it was probably all the fuss around getting them. It kind of ruined them for you. I'd be inclined to sell them on & buy another custom to replace them. That way they get used & you get the pleasure of a nice new nappy.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:45 pm

:giggle: Not at all! I always go for the d&f's first, and there's a few that always get left in the cupboard unused :oops: Usually the WN embroidered pockets atm as ds2 just outpees them too quickly. But I keep telling myself as they're one sizes I really should keep them for the next one. But then I'm probably going to use mainly terries for the first 6 months to a year like I did with ds2 but with wool instead of wraps mainly, so do I really need to keep them? Plus maybe he'll be a different shape to ds2 :giggle: I'm keeping the aplix ones, altho I never use them I know at least while I recover from having the baby dh will use them so are worth being kept.

monsterm wrote:I think it was probably all the fuss around getting them. It kind of ruined them for you. I'd be inclined to sell them on & buy another custom to replace them. That way they get used & you get the pleasure of a nice new nappy.

I agree with this - that's why I was glad about those GF nappies, remember?

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:50 pm

I think you might be right, it just doesn't make any sense to me why they are just sat there ... I've never bought anything else from that WAHM I do think it just totally put me off ...

Hmm, ok maybe I'll have a good think about selling them :D already decided on the next thing I want to buy :giggle:

I have some DnF and GF Fitteds on order at the moment ... but I'd love more DnF AI2's ... :mrgreen:

Thanks Ladies!

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:11 pm

I'd sell and get others :hug: I waited ages and ages for a custom by the time it arrived I was so fed up with waiting I sold it all on straightaway :(

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:19 pm

We always reach for pockets here, I favour ittis and coolababies really but I know that the fitteds are more absorbant and fit really well, I don't go near my bamboozles at all anymore, we loved them when Pea was weeny but just don't do it for me now :-? . I really like pretties and now Pea is growing out of her ittis and wnss pockets, I haven't got enough funds for more atm so will just have to wait. Grr :evil:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:29 pm

I think that's another thing Aimee, we are using Pockets or AIO/2's so much more than we ever have done before...

I was solidly a fitteds girl for pretty much all of Rufus' 1st year, just couldn't get a reliable fit on a pocket etc ... but then I got some easyfits for the CM and they are brilliant, so now we have 16 of those that are used 3 days a week, we discovered that WNSS are a great fit and have 3 (+1 Posted today ... squeeee!), Rufus is super wiggly & hates being made to lie down for changes, solid poo means leaking isn't so much of an issue ... so all that considered our fitteds are seeing less use generally ... I love OBV but I also love prints (my new DnFs are 1/2 and 1/2 so will be FAB).

It's hard when you are in a position that they are outgrowing things but you can't buy more without selling & can't manage with less nappies ... I know we went through that & I had to pick up some uber cheap old style bamboozles to see us through the change over, it was a struggle & meant we had to go back to washing every other day :roll: but now we are back to having more than 3 days worth I can manage to sell & then buy again... I am going to struggle on the night nappy front though, have 5, need to think about replacing 2 in the shortish term but can't manage with 3 :roll:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat