hf1

Heavy wetter or normal?

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Heavy wetter or normal?

Postby macmomo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:01 pm

7 week old daughter in a LL size 1 bamboo with bamboo booster and fleece liner, soaked through in 2.5 hours during the days. Is this normal or does it make her a 'heavy wetter'? Am trying to decide which nappies to buy and wonder if I need to get the really heavy duty ones or if normal might be ok. Many thanks!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Heavy wetter or normal?

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:06 pm

I think 2-3 hours is fine when they are that age, they drink so much & need changing so often anyway ... I don't leave Rufus longer than 3 hours in a nappy anyway except overnight. He is a heavy wetter but has calmed down somewhat as he's weaning.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:58 pm

possibly although no solids means they pee loads :wink: i would just change often rather than buying more nappies yet. Me personally i like to change izzy often about every 2 hours regardless due to her sensitive bum and tnedancy to have rashes :roll:

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Catrin was the same at that age but once she went on to solids at 6 months she started peeing less and now is a really light wetter despite drinkng tons of water, can get a fuzzi with just it's microfibre insert to last 3-4 hours most days if needed.
I'd stick with nappies you have for now and just change more often or add more boosters and see how she is in a few months as she may start peeing less so you might not need the extra absorbancy for long.

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:04 pm

Thanks - it's hard to know whether you need Nappies described as 'super absorbent' for the 'heavy wetters' when as a new mum you don't know whether you have a heavy wetter or a normal one. I take the point that they change as they grow.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:10 am

macmomo wrote:Thanks - it's hard to know whether you need Nappies described as 'super absorbent' for the 'heavy wetters' when as a new mum you don't know whether you have a heavy wetter or a normal one. I take the point that they change as they grow.

I was exactly the same, I did consider Rufus to be an extreme heavy wetter, particularly at night for the 1st 9 months or so, then as he has eaten more & more food & things in the nappy department have become more solid then I'd say he is more normal to heavy ...

I wouldn't go down the lines of paying a lot more out for heavy wetters if you don't need them, stick with bamboo & avoid MF while she's wetting heavily, maybe buy some Little Lamb Sz1 Bamboo Boosters, they are thin & small so you'll use them for allsorts between now & PT, I have 10 and am going to get some more, pop them between the nappy & wrap so they don't make the nappy any bulkier for her, or maybe look into buying some Zorb (it's like thin felt that is ultra absorbant) Beth at LLS and Suzanne at Lush Tush both sell it ... at least you can keep these as she grows and reuse as boosters, in pockets etc

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:06 am

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat