hf1

Some minkees / cuddlesoft not letting wee through? Update!P2

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Some minkees / cuddlesoft not letting wee through? Update!P2

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:30 am

I'm having massive problems with some brand-new nappies - they're minkee inner and outer and an old one I have is fine, but the new ones seem to leak every time she wears them, they're brand new and washed exactly the same as the older ones (not that old either less than 3-4months old) fair enough when I put one on her without pre-washing I figured it just needed a wash but seriously, the wee is just running off them!
Other pocket nappies, the same brand but older ones, and fitteds are ALL fine! It's just these new ones :? The inserts are the same as I've not bought new inserts...

Anyone got any ideas?

Obviously I need to contact the nappy maker about this too but I've not heard of anyone else having this problem so thought I'd ask first and see how widespread the problem might be...

They are just gorgeous and such fab show-off nappies but every-time she's worn one it's leaked, not a good advert for cloth!!! :cry:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Some minkees / cuddlesoft not letting wee through?

Postby choccylisa » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 am

Is it a new minkee print? Might be they've changed the way it's made :-?

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 am

That's weird ... I have had problems with a couple of my minkee lined OS's but I figured it was a fit issue ... maybe not though? :-?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:34 am

I think it's a new one yes, the inners are plain colours...

I'm sure it's not helped by Grace holding her wee in more now and then flooding a bit but like I say all her other nappies are fine with this...

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:39 am

We've had this, a few washes normally sorts it out, just needs to get all the size out. Mind it could be something different, but that is my experience of it

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:48 am

Right - I'm going to give them a good scrub before I do the nappy wash later and then do a normal nappy wash and test it under the tap after as when I tested it earlier the water ran straight off even when a puddle was sat on it...

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:02 am

I've seen a few probs with cuddlesoft inners doing this. I think wn recommend a full dose of powder on new nappies to strip any manufacturing residue.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 am

JenKyleKaitlinRoo wrote:I've seen a few probs with cuddlesoft inners doing this. I think wn recommend a full dose of powder on new nappies to strip any manufacturing residue.

That's interesting...
I always wash my nappies with a full dose of powder though (just do an extra rinse cycle, don't get any build up this way)... :?

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:14 am

i would try handwashing with washing up liquid on the inner for good measure :) that should get any grease off.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat