hf1

Some minkees / cuddlesoft not letting wee through? Update!P2

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Some minkees / cuddlesoft not letting wee through?

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:16 am

JenKyleKaitlinRoo wrote:i would try handwashing with washing up liquid on the inner for good measure :) that should get any grease off.

Yep that's what I'm going to do - fairy liquid standing by :lol:

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:16 am

Are the inners all the same colour? could it be a batch of minkee that has picked up more residue from the factory than normal?? X

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:19 am

123princesssammie wrote:Are the inners all the same colour? could it be a batch of minkee that has picked up more residue from the factory than normal?? X

No they're different ones...

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:19 pm

I had the same problem with some cuddlesoft inners last year but a quick tumble worked for me.

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Natalie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:02 pm

Ive got this too with new nappies, but i think i bought too big as when i put them on they fit ok, but after leaking they have big gaping legs so i thought a size issue rather than the minkee x

My avatar
mummymunchkin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummymunchkin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:34 am

Definately had this with a new nappy I had, leaked straight out the legs every time he weed because it didnt soak through. But after a few washes it did seem to improve :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Update!

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Update!!:

Well they're fixed!! Thankyou to you guys and also to the wahm who was absolutely fab and offered to re-make them with fleece if needed or refund me!! Fab CS :)

DH scrubbed them with fairy washing up liquid and rinsed as best he could, then I popped them in the machine with a normal nappy wash dose of detergent, and a cup of washing soda crystals and a ton of vinegar in the softner bit of the drawer :lol: then I rinsed about 5 times in the end I think :giggle: when the bubbles finally vanished but at least they're working now :wine: :happypixies:

SO: it would seem that mocha cuddlesoft is one of the worst for manufacturing residue but it's not unsolvable! Minkee seems ok though, just cuddlesoft really...

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Update!

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Update!!:

Well they're fixed!! Thankyou to you guys and also to the wahm who was absolutely fab and offered to re-make them with fleece if needed or refund me!! Fab CS :)

DH scrubbed them with fairy washing up liquid and rinsed as best he could, then I popped them in the machine with a normal nappy wash dose of detergent, and a cup of washing soda crystals and a ton of vinegar in the softner bit of the drawer :lol: then I rinsed about 5 times in the end I think :giggle: when the bubbles finally vanished but at least they're working now :wine: :happypixies:

SO: it would seem that mocha minkee is one of the worst for manufacturing residue but it's not unsolvable!

Thanks for the update ... I decided to go for a different colour just in case!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat