Wnss - Sr Or Hr?

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Wnss - Sr Or Hr?

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi Ladies :wave:

With Mr.Wiggles here we seem to be using more & more Pockets or AI2's ... we now have 4 WNSS (L) in SR which are a lovely fit and seem to work well. Our WNOS however we just don't seem to get on with, I have scaled these back to 6 but am thinking that I want to swap them over to SS, so some that I really love I'll recreate and others I will get some new ones...

But I don't know whether to get more SR or whether to go for HR? I've seen quite a few SR being sold on classifieds saying they need to replace with HR (LO's seem to be around the 20 months - 2 1/2 year mark) I need these to last a good while, hopefully to as near PT as possible as at £25+ without an insert I'm not going to be able to just replace them on a whim.

The SR seems to be a lovely fit, just below his belly button but he's only just over 1 ... so will the HR swamp him now do you think or fit but be a little bit 'Simon Cowl' lol

I measured him over the WNOS he has on at the moment and his rise was about 16.5 - 17 ...

This is a SR on him the other day at just over 1 year old ...

Image Image
Last edited by zoeyboo on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Wnss - Sr Or Hr?

Postby Shaunie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:48 pm

It's difficult to say - is he likely to grow tall? My boys are tall (DH 6ft 5") & DS2 wears HR but even they have been giving him terrible muilders bum for months now. Don't want to change now though as PT'ing won't be too far away.

Perhaps you could just try one now to see how they would currently fit him? The rise in a WNOS was OK for DS2 but I could not get them done up at all :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:51 pm

I always went for HR on Rowan but she is also tall (Hubbie 6'4"). We had one SR for a while but sold it due to builder's bum!! The HR did last her until she PT at 27 months.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:57 pm

DH is 6ft 1" and I am about 5ft 8-9" so reasonably likely he'll be tall, he's been on 98th centile for height since birth & showing no signs of dropping down, he's in Size 18-24 months clothes ...

Hmm it sounds like HR might be a good idea, I was hoping to do a big order so maybe best if I get them to make 1 and send it so I can try for size & then order the other 3 when I've decided.

I just can't get a good fit with the OS, they seem to gape no matter what, if I put it on fully unsnapped I can't get it tight enough around the waist & it falls down, if I put it on the middle rise it's either too tight on legs or they gape :roll: tried again today & he was peeing out of the leg within 1 hour :( so even my VHC OS is going to have to go I think :cry:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:03 pm

They look quite low on him to me, I'd go for HR

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:14 pm

This I can help with...I'll stick one in the post for you to try? :giggle:

Poppy has standard rise ones and they look like theyll be fine until shelter trains but Noah had high rise from about a year old and they still fit now, even though he's trained..

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 pm

flutterby wrote:They look quite low on him to me, I'd go for HR

I was thinking that in this pic ... he's not walking (alone) yet so I think his thighs will slim even more and maybe he'll get more of a waist over the next year as he's not got one at the moment :giggle: So once I can do that I'll be able to do the legs tigher & then it'll sit higher iykwim?

paintedclaws wrote:This I can help with...I'll stick one in the post for you to try? :giggle:

Poppy has standard rise ones and they look like theyll be fine until shelter trains but Noah had high rise from about a year old and they still fit now, even though he's trained..

That would be fab Hun thank-you :hug:

I might get my order in as HR and then if I do need to change it I'm sure I can email the WN Ladies and let them know

Thank-you for all your help ladies :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:39 pm

I think HR too. It won't make a diff to his legs at all and the rise looks a tad low on that piccy...

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:51 pm

Pm me your address again Hun, I don't have it anymore..I'll get Mike to send it in the morning. :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat