Postby greenferret » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:58 am

I'm a big fan of tots stretchies :D

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Recommendations please!

Postby rachymoo » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:16 am

I like Totsbots Stretchies (I like the old style Bamboozles too) and bamboo Little Lambs are fab, you can always pick them up quite cheaply on here too. Motherease Sandys are good although being quite slim I don't think they are quite as absorbent as some of the others so would probably need quite a bit of boosting for a heavy wetter?

Rach xx

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby buzzybee21 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:57 am

Velvetsteph wrote:I've recently started using a cotton tots sz2 as a pre-bedtime nappy but I pop a petit dessous in it - lasts plenty that way and it doesn't add too much bulk...

^wss - you could just invest in some super inserts to boost the tots you have. I've seen a few zorb inserts around recently.

My avatar
happygolucky
Clothie
Clothie

Postby happygolucky » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:53 pm

I also like totsbots stretchies. I definitely find them trimmer than the originals and softer too ( I don't tumble anything!)

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby clairegrace » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:22 pm

I'd go for boosters if you're hoping to PT soon rather than splashing out on complete new nappies. Either Pd or the EP hemp ones seem to be popular with people with heavy wetters, plus that way you'd get around 10 for £20-£40 new or cheaper if you can get some pre-loved. :wink:

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:22 pm

I guess it depends how long you'd like the nappy to last for and how heavy a wetter he is.
The bamboo Totsbots (Bamboozle) that we have doesn't last much longer than the cotton Totsbots, with Erin - max 1hr on cotton with no extra inserts other than the sewn in one and 1-1.5hrs on the Bamboozle with just the one popper inserts. To get either to last 2-3hrs, I need to add an additional 2 boosters :-?
I also found the same with the Lil Lambs as they're a similar design to the cotton Tots Bots with the sewn in insert and again I need to boost these to get them to last 2-3hrs.
I can comment on the Motherease Bamboo sandies/onesize as I've not used them (though do own a bamboo onesize :oops: It just always looked to gapey on Erin's legs to encourage me to use it :giggle: )
Have you tried the bamboo Behinds? They last a bit longer than the Tots on a single insert (though do come with 2 as standard) and are pretty slim fitting.
Otherwise, I'd recommend the Little Comfort nappies. They're about as bulky as the Totsbots, not quite as high in the rise as a Bamboozle but with better waist adjustment, and with both of the boosters poppered in, will last Erin at least 3hrs :mrgreen:
Drop me a PM if you wanted me to return the favour of a loan on any of the above :wink:

Dooby x

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Thanks everyone! Lots of food for thought!

Dooby, I'll have a think and them get back to you re a loan :wink:
x

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat