hf1

The poo chronicles of Little Liam (not for the fainthearted)

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

The poo chronicles of Little Liam (not for the fainthearted)

Postby usinukveg » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:43 am

Once upon a time there was a boy called Liam L'Hostis. Although he was only one month old, Liam already had developed a deep love for a few things: cuddles, mummy milk, his book called 'les jouets', chewing on muslins and his poo. In fact, Liam loved his poo so much that he refused to give it up, keeping it safe in his little belly until it exploded from his little bum, filling his nappy, then the wrap, then oozing up his legs. Now Liam's mummy had read posts on the cloth nappy tree about how to deal with power wee'ers, but she desperately needed to know how to deal with power poo'ers! She is nonetheless very thankful for thirsties wraps that seem to contain everything, but do tend to wick poo around the leg gussets.

Any help from other mummies of power pooers?

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: The poo chronicles of Little Liam (not for the fainthearted)

Postby tiyuricc » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:33 pm

:giggle: poor old liam. better out than in, hey?

you're using fitteds are you? which sort? being only a month old i'm guessing he's not got much chubbiness yet... once he does then he should fill the nappies out better leaving less room for explosiveness. are the nappies definitely right size? if it's escaping everywhere then dounds like they may be a little big on him. i only ever had poo escape from itti's where there was leg gape and no extra wrap to catch it.

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:35 pm

no advice hun but you did make me chuckle! x

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:01 pm

The absolute best thing we found for catching explosions like this was a folded nippad terry. You can kind of roll it in at the back and around the legs which stops any escapes!

Just be thankful you're not using disposables - the few times we were silly enough to put one of those on for "convenience" we generally had a full body straight in the bath situation with poo literally from feet to neck...!! Not very convenient at all :hohoho:

My avatar
drummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby drummy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:12 pm

I have a power poo'er too, its one of the reasons as switching to cloth :) I will be interested to see the solutions to this particular problem.

I've had many many incidents with disposibles and having to "hose" the baby down, especially if she eats anything with cows milk in it

Just wanted to let u kno ur not alone in ur search xx

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:16 pm

I have found motherease sandys with ME airflow wraps a bombproof combination!

Yvette x

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:23 pm

i had the same problem but found using fitted with a thirsty wrap worked better for me. i also found the ones with tight elastic roun the leg better too but you need to get a happy meidum eith that though

i hope you find a good mix soon

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Thanks for the tips! We're using a mix of fitteds, nippa'd prefolds and terries and xs covers. Liam is definitely a skinny minny at just under 7 lbs, but I try to get a snug fit on his nappies with creative folding and nippa'ing. However hard I try though,the terries and the prefolds are definitely the worst at poo containment...I have one sandy and it's great, but i have a hard time buying new nappies because technically we have enough....it's just that some of them are not pulling their weight.

I'm definitely on the prowl for more sandies and thirsties on the classifieds though...if you have any you're looking to shift...

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat