hf1

Bamboo xs sandies and wool?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Bamboo xs sandies and wool?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Hi. Most of my newborn stash is made up of bamboo xs sandies...have got other nappies and prefolds but the xs sandies make up a big bulk of my stash....I've got 18 of them. Now I used sandies with ethan when he was little but they was cotton and I didn't start him in cloth until he was about 4/6 weeks old and he was mainly in small sandies then. I decided I prefered bamboo nappies so that's why bubs stash is mainly bamboo but I am a bit worried. The xs bamboo sandies look realy thin, like they won't realy be absorbant. (They are all brand new by the way!), I love how thin they are in one way but am concerned that bubs will pee through them. Also has anyone used xs bamboo sandies under wool? If so did they perform well or did everything just get soggy? Also what weight was your Lo when they stopped fitting in the xs size? I hardly have any small nappies yet apart from 9 new size 1 LL's and some prefolds and I've decided I will make do with those for a week or two when he outgrows his xs sizes so I can sell all the teeny ones on to fund more small nappies. Money is tight now so I've got to be careful what I buy now! Any info would be greatly appreciated:-)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Bamboo xs sandies and wool?

Postby megansmummy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:30 pm

I have one and tbh i dont really like it :oops: The XS fits Darcie nicely now that her cord is off (before she lost her cosrd it sat on it so i didnt use it...) but i dont find them very absorbant at all...i can use it fine under wool but i tend to boost it...

Sorry thats probably not what you want to hear and im sure there are alot of people who get on with them :hug:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:43 pm

megansmummy wrote:I have one and tbh i dont really like it :oops: The XS fits Darcie nicely now that her cord is off (before she lost her cosrd it sat on it so i didnt use it...) but i dont find them very absorbant at all...i can use it fine under wool but i tend to boost it...

Sorry thats probably not what you want to hear and im sure there are alot of people who get on with them :hug:
Thanks hun. Gaaaaaah! Think I might need to get some little lamb size 1 boosters in ready which I didn't want to have to pay out for but looks like I will have no choice! :-( failing that or they will just have to get used under my pul wraps! Thanks again x

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:02 pm

When nathan was tiny we had to boost all of ours too.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:28 am

No experience of them just yet but should have in the next week or 2 so I'll let you know :wink: although I'll be using fleece rather than wool xx

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:22 am

megansmummy wrote:I have one and tbh i dont really like it :oops: The XS fits Darcie nicely now that her cord is off (before she lost her cosrd it sat on it so i didnt use it...) but i dont find them very absorbant at all...i can use it fine under wool but i tend to boost it...

Yes exactly the same here :-? I had to boost & boost to stop the nappy leaking or ending up with damp patches on the moses basket/crib and babygros.
Our Little Lambs fit from about a week old, they were a bit big but did the job well

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:29 pm

I had to boost ours too. :-? Always seemed to get damp patches from wicking.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:45 pm

This is not cool news ladies! :( x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:49 pm

angiepangie2809 wrote:This is not cool news ladies! :( x

:( :hug: Get a load of LL bamboo boosters and use them. I used them with Katie but didn't use wool over them and found them ok so you never know, hopefully they'll be ok. If not you can always get some cheap bamboo terries and/or prefolds to try instead.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat