hf1

Help! How to stop leg gape without tightening waist?

My avatar
sexyjacksparrow
Clothie
Clothie

Help! How to stop leg gape without tightening waist?

Postby sexyjacksparrow » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Help!! Took me a month to find the perfect fit nappies for Xavier (Flips and Easyfits) and now after a second month we're experiencing leg gape.

He's put on a bit of weight around the tummy so I've had to loosen them there (make the velcro a bit looser on the Easyfits and go to the next set of poppers on the Flips) but that's now causing a bit of leg gape and I'm getting less than two hours out of them before they leak. :cry:

So how do I ensure they stay tight on the legs without doing the waist up any tighter?

Obviously I don't want to buy different nappies because if his shape's changed once it'll do it again as he grows and you can't buy new nappies every couple of months. :(

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help! How to stop leg gape without tightening waist?

Postby Caroline » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:40 pm

I'd try adjusting the rise and see if you can get a better fit that way. It might be a case of just waiting a little while until they fit into them again but you already know that they grow so quickly.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Can you change the rise setting on the easyfit?

My avatar
sexyjacksparrow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sexyjacksparrow » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:33 pm

You can adjust the rise setting on both nappies, but he's still on the smallest rise anyway so that won't help.

Guess I may have to resign myself to changing him super frequently or switching him back to sposies for a while until they fit again :cry:

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:16 pm

You could try adjusting the rise anyway to see if it will give you that extra bit of fabric to pull the velcro in a bit tighter, it's worth a go.

My avatar
sexyjacksparrow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sexyjacksparrow » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanks - I'll have a play!

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:36 pm

I had a thought about your flips, could you do the bottom poppers up tighter than the top poppers? It could work.

My avatar
sexyjacksparrow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sexyjacksparrow » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:19 am

hermya wrote:I had a thought about your flips, could you do the bottom poppers up tighter than the top poppers? It could work.

Ooops - only just seen this! Yup that's a good idea - thanks!! Though we're experiencing it less with Flips than others.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat