hf1

Help !

My avatar
mommy of 6
Clothie
Clothie

Help !

Postby mommy of 6 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:11 pm

i am so fed up of buying nappys :x i have 5 month old twins and i brougt washable nappys befor they was born but they was only 6 pounds each so the nappys didnt fit (sounds big for twins but they was in early baby cloths ) so i desided to go onto disposables till they fitted and then i lost them when i put them in a safe place lol ... now i have got them out they are nealy too small and i refuse to buy more disposables ..... so dose anyone know any were i can get washables from for as cheap as possible as ill need them for 2 babys and a toddler :shock:

thanks for any help
jaymee and the tribe
:coffee: :babyroll: :babyroll: :crossbaby: :hug: :wave:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Help !

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi Jaymee, welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree.

There are lots of reviews on here of the different sorts of nappies and what works well for different ages / shapes and so on.

If you have a look at the classifieds, you should be able to pick up some pre-loved nappies at a decent price. You could also sell one the ones you have that they have outgrown too.

Good luck with finding new nappies and don't forget to ask questions if you need more help.

My avatar
sweetiepups
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sweetiepups » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi

Have you contacted your local council? They might have a cheap cloth nappy scheme in your area.

Ours is sadly just closing down but that means that they are giving away free sets of prefolds, which although they are not that pretty, do the job.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:54 am

Hi, you will find some good priced second hand items in the classifieds section. As your twins are already 5 months then a birth-to-potty option like bumGenius or any other BTP nappy would be a good option for you as you will be able to use them for Hope and Faith and your toddler.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi!

Also bear in mind tat you won't need that many more washable nappies for twins as you do for one, as your washing machine will only take a certain sized load anyway. You'll just need to wash a little more often. :giggle:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat