hf1

How long should nappies last between changes?

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

How long should nappies last between changes?

Postby CherryPie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:53 pm

I'm having to change Reuben's nappies every 2/2.5 hours in the day or else he gets wet, is this normal or should they be going longer? He's in TotsBots in the day. We've not been in cloth for very long - since xmas so i thought over time with more washes they would get more absorbant but they seem to struggle with anything over 2 hrs. have tried stripping etc too. :-?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: How long should nappies last between changes?

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:57 pm

2-3 hours is generally the most you'll get out of any cloth nappy TBH (other than night nappies of course :wink: ) . Are they cotton tots? I have never found them all that absorbent. Katie only ever wore WAHM nappies but I never left them on for longer than 3 hours max, she was generally changed after 2- 2.5 hours.

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:03 pm

They're the easyfit aio with bamboo interior. That's ok if it's normal, just thought I'd check as DH was complaining :giggle: I shall reassure him that this is normal! xx

My avatar
fluffpuffin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fluffpuffin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 pm

we can usually get 3 hours out of our nappies max. sometimes longer, but that's at a push. You can try boosting your easyfits with a little lamb bamboo booster (cheap on ebay), that can give you an extra hour or so. I put that in my flips under the stay-dry insert and it gives me around 4 hours.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:11 pm

I always changed 2-3 hours, never left it longer x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:11 pm

CherryPie wrote:They're the easyfit aio with bamboo interior. That's ok if it's normal, just thought I'd check as DH was complaining :giggle: I shall reassure him that this is normal! xx

You can always add a booster to get a bit longer!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:15 pm

Max is a really light wetter and can easily last 4 hours in a BG with just one insert or an Easyfit. He is an exception though. I would say 2.5-3 hours seems more average.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby girlinleeds » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:20 pm

Caroline wrote:Max is a really light wetter and can easily last 4 hours in a BG with just one insert or an Easyfit. He is an exception though. I would say 2.5-3 hours seems more average.

was going to say pippa can last up to four hours in a bg with a big microfibre insert and a hemp insert but i think she's an exception

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:35 pm

Annabel can go up to 4 or 5 hours in nappies sometimes, but then othertime she outpees them in about an hour :shock: depends how much she's been drinking and whether she's used the potty or not.

we normally change every 2-3 hours or after a poo - at nursery they change all the babies every 2-2.5 hours and Annabel is the only one in cloth...

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat