hf1

Not sure whether to carry on with cloth on Elsie. :-/

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Not sure whether to carry on with cloth on Elsie. :-/

Postby Little Pants » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:25 am

What about trying potty stickers? They are great, as the reward aspect comes in really well. The My wee friend ones are real magic, and such an incentive to produce a wee in the potty, once the first one is accomplished. Ad this may sound gross, but if she absolutely has NEVER produced a wee in the potty, show her yourself (with a potty sticker in, so she can see what happens!)

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:48 am

Little Pants wrote:What about trying potty stickers? They are great, as the reward aspect comes in really well. The My wee friend ones are real magic, and such an incentive to produce a wee in the potty, once the first one is accomplished. Ad this may sound gross, but if she absolutely has NEVER produced a wee in the potty, show her yourself (with a potty sticker in, so she can see what happens!)

Ah I remember seeing those when Kai was pl- may well be worth a 'go'!! Lol

Tanya- I was thinking the same at this stage- we've had a few times she's attempted stripping when most inappropriate!!! Whipping her nappy off from under clothes was becoming a favourite of hers!! Lol Not the sort of 'magic' you need!!! :giggle:

My avatar
didifrench
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby didifrench » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:42 pm

:wave:

Potty training her might the solution, if you hav ethe time to do it and the enrgy to wipe the floor... You might be suprised at how quickly she understand the whole thing, having an elder sibling also makes it easier.

My youngest is about the same age and doing the same. I used to put her down for her afternoon nap without trousers, but now I can't as she just removes the nappy. I have to be very fast to put a nappy on her as she doesn't want me to. She had a very bad rash few months ago and wearing nappies was very uncomfortable for her, since then it is a real fight to put the nappy on.
Every evenin I leave her without a nappy, she is going on the potty by herself, but miss it quite often though. I am the one delaying it, love the nappies too much :giggle:
HTH

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm at these cross roads too trying to justify getting new nappies or trying to pt. The last week or so he's really switching on to having a wee and tells me when he's doing it.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:55 pm

Definitely think were going to push on with pl- she's trying to stop herself going (crosses her legs!! :giggle:) if she starts going now... With it heading for summer (haha!!) she can be nappiless & outside most of the time anyway....

Her eye op will be done this time 2 wks so there will be nothing major happening after that....

We got her some Lidl pull-ups & she likes them as she's liked wearing Kai's pants for ages now..... Fc she does get it-I'd rather sell her nappies for ones for Arlo instead!!!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat