hf1

Heavy wetter?

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Heavy wetter?

Postby ramsons » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:17 pm

I'm not sure if this is a daft question or not, but how do I know if ds is a heavy wetter?
He can wet through a cotton totsbots/bimble in a couple of hours and soak it in three. Is that normal -hes coming up for 10 weeks old?
Thanks
Jenny

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Heavy wetter?

Postby JanX » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi Jenny!

I would say that is quite normal! The nappies you have mentioned aren't the thirstiest of nappies! and all mine soaked through them fairly quickly!

jan x

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:09 pm

yeap that sounds about normal - Ben was changed every 2 hours, until night which then got stretched to every 4 hours at the same age.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:47 pm

Thanks I thought he was pretty normal! Someone told me 3-4hrs was normal, but I think it must have been on an older baby. Then I kept reading about heavy wetters and starting wondering how much wee you'd get out of a heavy wetter if every 2 hours was normal... I change him if I know he's pooed or if its been a couple of hours, unless I've fallen asleep or lost track of time.
He's sleeping one 6-7 hour stretch at night and the only thing thats keeping him dry in that time is a minki.
Jenny

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:55 pm

When Kayleigh was about that age, we were changing her every 3-4 hours, and we were using cotton little lambs without any lay in boosters. I have come to the conclusion that this made her a very light wetter (at that age). She would sleep 8 hours at night from about 3 months with only 1 lay in cotton booster, and have wet, but not be sopping. To make you feel better, she can wee a river now that she is older.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat