HELP! Constant nappy rash - UPDATE page 2

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

HELP! Constant nappy rash - UPDATE page 2

Postby tanya » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:28 am

Jake has real issues with nappy rash.

He's currently in sposies and is rash free, but as soon as I put him back in cloth, I know he'll have a really sore bum.

I think the problem is 2-fold.

1) He's sensitive to fleece - if he wears fleece lined nappies, he gets very sore. All over his bum.
2) He also seems sensitive to wet. If he wears a non-lined nappy, he also gets very sore all over :(

So what do I do now? I thought about minkee liners, but just went to The Nappy Garden (where I have got them from previously) and they have none. Anyone with any ideas where I can get more from?

What are little lamb liners like? Are they fleece?

Any other ideas?

I don't really want to get nappies fully lined as I find that usually replaces a layer of absorbancy and we need all the absorbancy we can get.

I've said that I will try stripping the nappies today and then try him with cloth for the next month. IF we're still having problems at the end of the month, I will be selling the stash and keeping him in sposies as I can't have him always having nappy rash, it's not fair on him :(
Last edited by tanya on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: HELP! Constant nappy rash

Postby Bluebell » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:58 am

Silk liners may help, although I haven't tried them on DD so not sure what they're like TBH.
http://www.babykind.co.uk/boostersandli ... silkliners

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:03 pm

I have some minkee liners from WN. Have you tried paper liners? Sounds like his bottom doesnt like man made fibres to me.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:14 pm

How annoying for you both!!
Could it be anything else like teething or urine infection??
I'm thinking along the lines of caroline and maybe its man made fibers? But its worth trying minkee just to check!
We have LL liners and they are fab but not sure what they are made of? What about trying wool interlock or Zorb?

My avatar
caz88
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby caz88 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:16 pm

You could buy a piece of minkee and make a few yourself to try, I think it is like fleece and doesn't fray at the edge. Ebay, nappies by minki, and probably lots of places sell it. Also, have you tried the stay dry liners by motherease? I use them and I think they are made of something similar to coolmax
http://www.friendlybaby.co.uk/boostersandliners/mothereaseslimstaydryliner.html

(lots of places sell them)...I think they work really well.
HTHs hun :hug:
(can someone please tell me if we aren't allowed to post links and I will remove them, edited to fix link)
Last edited by caz88 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:17 pm

I think if you have that issue with fleece then you might get the same with minkee :(
Red try silk liners!

Hope you sort it out :hug:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Have you tried the boots nappy liners - they are the only thing which seemed to work - I flushed with poo and just put in the nappy wash when wet. That and daktacort and a HUGE lashing of bepanthen and or an excema cream but I can't remember what that was called now but if I find it I can right the name. I think Benjamin had the same type of skin. I also just used bought baby wipes and wiped poo but not wet. We did manage to come through it and stick with cloth even though with the 2 hospital appointments we had for the nappy rash. Are you using bio powder - that also helped. Non bio was red and blotchy skin.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:12 pm

The eczema cream might have been hydrocortisone? I have heard that helps with bad nappy rash too. You can buy it over the counter if you don't want to wait for a Dr appointment over the weekend, or take him to out of hours surgery.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:16 pm

I have both a wool & silk LLS liner here that Beth sent me as a tester, you'd be welcome to those if you'd like to try them?
x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat