hf1

Clothing the late toilet trainer

My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Clothing the late toilet trainer

Postby mama2boyz » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:17 am

My little guy is late in using the toilet...at his age most kids are at least potty trained.

I am sooooo tempted to get him some Ittis simply so he can wear some 'regular' clothes as my usual Sandys are starting to look very bulky.
I love wool but he pees straight through it - I guess he's doing big pees instead of the little dribs and drabs that younger kids do.
Problem is he hates PUL wraps - as do I actually as they stink so bad even if they're not poo-ey.

He wants disposables bc they have Ernie on them!

How many Ittis would I need for one day - assuming one gets poo-ey?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Clothing the late toilet trainer

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:36 am

How old is he?
From what friends with boys have said a lot of boys train later than girls do...
If he's doing big wees it sounds like he's close to training... Not sure why PUL wraps would smell - what do you put over your nappies at the moment then?

Have you thought of trying some pullup nappies like the happy heiny trainers?

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:45 pm

What are you washing the wraps with? We use ariel bio and since then nothing smells, have you tried given them a good rinse in the machine, maybe a wash with no washing powder.
You could get a couple of ittis preloved to try and see how they are first, ittis dont suit every baby's shape x

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Not sure if these would be any use?
http://www.babykind.co.uk/trainerpants.htm

My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mama2boyz » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Ok, I'll come clean...he's 3!
He just doesn't wanna use the loo/potty.

ATM, I use Sandys + Airflows or wool.

I'm a bit concerned that trainer pants might delay him even more.

He's interested in Thomas the Tank pants but got isillusioned when he discovered (the hard way!) that they weren't nappies!!!

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:47 am

Get a MaxBall for him and Daddy to have a bit of fun in the bathroom (or outside if warmer and sunny) this weekend - Mothercare should stock them, if not get a ping pong ball and draw a face on it so they can have take aim games! He'll then be really keen on using the toilet even if he doesn't need to go he'll want to go. Might solve your problem :giggle:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat