hf1

Bad nappy day...

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Bad nappy day...

Postby Amanda » Wed May 16, 2007 7:22 pm

Actually, it started last night when just before bathtime I realised my night wrap (a WAHM pul/fleece one) was still in the washing machine. I do have a NB multiwrap fleece one, but just don't get on with it. Anyway, I'd bought a size 2 tots wrap and tried that. Connor was all wrapped up in his humungous huggle, and although the wrap fit over it, it was loose around the legs. So much to his disgust, I changed him into a bumble, but had the same problem (annoyingly both my stuffie and minki were in the wash so left with my two least fave night nappies). No option but to leave it and hope for the best, and this morning I was pleasantly surprised that he wasn't soaking wet, just a bit damp.
Then this morning I tried our new hemp Baby Beehind. Firstly I tried it with the Tots wrap, but had to put the wrap away as it's just too big around Connor's thighs. £8 well spent. Not. :x . So I used the BBH wrap that came with the trial, and after a couple of hours it'd leaked a bit round one of his legs. I was a tad surprised as everyone has such good things to say about them. I'd used the big insert, doubled over. Is that ok? Surely I shouldn't need both inserts for daytime!?
Changed him into a Bamboozle and a couple of hours later his trousers were wet! To be fair, I do normally add a mf cloth to these as he's started drinking alot of water recently and needs the extra absorbancy. I didn't do it today as I folded the inside bit in three (have only doubled it in the past), so thought that might last a bit longer.
All in all quite a disappointing day! Maybe I'm just destined to keep using boring MEOS and white Rikki wraps :cry:
Will give the bamboo BBH a go tomorrow and see what happens. Fingers crossed...
Amanda x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu May 17, 2007 6:15 am

:? :( :x Oh dear what a nappy day!!!!!

OK, well can't help you with what you haven't got clean lol!!! I tried an old style Tots wrap and it wicked straight away, the binding material is not good for heavy wetters. Was tempted by the new ones but dont' think they have changed that and have heard too many mixed reviews with heavy wetters to bother!!

Re the hemp, there is no point even putting hemp on unless its been washed at least 3 times and then I wouldn't bother over night for a few more than that, it takes AT LEAST 12 washes to hit full absorbancy and then seems to keep gettign better!!! I would imagine that is your problem with that one!!

I'm not sure about the BBH wraps, I think Beck is the only person I've heard of that has the wrap, most raves are over the nappies!!! You have to remember that all wraps are not made equal and even though it may look great and reliable the efficiency often comes down to what the binding is made of. I know you won't want to hear it but ME wraps are the most reliable lol!!! Give it another go as if the hemp wasn't absorbing properly it could have made it leak where it wouldn't normally!!

With the bamboozle, if you fold it in 2 or 3 it won't change the absorbancy, there is still the same amount of material to absorb!!! If he is drinking loads you may need to always add a mf cloth or even better a hemp booster to his nappies.

Hope this helps a bit!!!

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Thu May 17, 2007 6:49 am

Oops didn't mean to post that on here :lol:

Reading Amanda's post just made me think.

Amanda I agree with Tory, I found hemp really rubbish to begin with, but now it is fantastic. I only need to put 1 hemp insert in my EH at night whereas previously I was using 2 mf and a hemp and his bum was hhhhuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggeeeee!! Now he looks no different to how he looks in the day! Hemp definitely needs 10 washed before it starts to work! Keep at it - we all have bad nappy days :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat