hf1

Best newborn nappies?

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Best newborn nappies?

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:36 pm

I started cloth with Lucas at 10weeks so have no idea what works with newborns. In my stash left over from lucas I have bumgenius V3 (BNIP so elastic not stretched), Totsbots size 2, some popins and a couple of nature babies one size.
Basically they are all one size nappies and I am not convinced they will fit a newborn. Both my babies have been just over 8lb so expect this one will be too.

So please spam me with what worked for you and your newborn. I think I would prefer fitteds. Might be tempted to try muslins/terries so please LMK how these work.

interested in how different nappies are with the umbillical cord too.

Pretty much spam me with you thoughts/preferences. (on a tight budget but will consider more expensive IF they are superior.)

TIA Ladies. x

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Best newborn nappies?

Postby angelsquidge » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:43 pm

I loved muslins in the first couple of weeks, with either wool or little wraps (home made/LL/Tots). I found simple nappies like LL size1, Diddy Diapers, Tots size1 etc were really good. I made some pretty fitteds for Grub but never bought any to know what worked well.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Thanks :) How did they work with the umbilical cord. Think I might get a few size 1 Tots. Was wondering whether WN small NL were worth considering as they popper down? Never tried Diddy diapers so will look into them them.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:10 pm

Im loving my teenyfits. Diddy diapers, aand really loving my little lambs. Not loving my prefolds much. The teenyfits sat under the cord and i had the nipper dd's so folded.and nippered them under.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:52 am

teenyfits lasted till oakley was about 12lbs in weight, fab but i'd invest in some little hemp boosters as the microfibre ones i found a little naff after a few weeks. Nice and slim and great fit wise. Peachy tots was where i got mine and she's a diamond to deal with:)

My avatar
lilypie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lilypie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:11 am

We too loved our teenyfits. We used pretty much just teenyfits until Jacob outgrew them. We started when Jacob was 11days old but he had no umbilical cord as it had been used to put lines into in neonatal and had already come off. They sat below his belly button though so I don't imagine it would of been a problem if he had x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:09 am

Oww and teenyfits are pretty much all I'm using on Darcie atm...I use a bamboo LL booster in them and they are great :)

OBV all babies are different but I can get a good fit with little lambs/diddys diapers yet :( they are just all so big and bulky on her so during the day we either use an xs oww if a teenyfit :) at night we se either an xs or s oww!

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:39 am

megansmummy wrote:Oww and teenyfits are pretty much all I'm using on Darcie atm...I use a bamboo LL booster in them and they are great :)

OBV all babies are different but I can get a good fit with little lambs/diddys diapers yet :( they are just all so big and bulky on her so during the day we either use an xs oww if a teenyfit :) at night we se either an xs or s oww!

This :mrgreen: Our NB stash consists of these both and I love it, have preferred the OWW for the umbilical stage as they snap down - teenys didn't sit below his but it never caused a problem :wink:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:37 am

i loved muslins using jo fold when clara was little but they only lasted a couple of weeks as she was 9lb4oz at birth so was doing bigger wees... was easy to avoid umbilical cord too. i guess i could have boosted a bit to make them last longer. beyond that i went straight to bg's (little big until she was a month or so) and ll's - loved these, but got too low in the rise after only about 2 months.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat