hf1

Best newborn nappies?

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Best newborn nappies?

Postby cat27m » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:46 am

I loved Diddy Diapers and Bimbles/Bambeasies when Rowan was tiny. Neither were expensive, especially as they weren't going to be used for that long and I managed to sell them on really easily too. Little Lambs were great once her wee chicken legs filled out a bit! :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:47 am

our faves were terries and little lambs

My avatar
luke6v38
Clothie
Clothie

Postby luke6v38 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:07 pm

Actually your pop-ins should be good enough. They really can fit on a newborn with no leaks. Even if the baby is smallish, the dri-night booster should work very well as a small prefold!

We also used naturebaby's velcro one size v2 with no problems.

I personally hate muslin squares as they tend to stain badly with bf poo!

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone. It is a big help. Can't remember how many Pop-ins I have but if I get a few OWW (where can I get them from?) and some teenyfits I should be fine. Thanks everyone. ;)

ETA: I assume my goodmamas will be too big for a while?

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby buzzybee21 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Our goodmama one was massive on Sephy - she's 11lb now but I don't think it will fit well yet a while.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:25 pm

buzzybee21 wrote:Our goodmama one was massive on Sephy - she's 11lb now but I don't think it will fit well yet a while.

Thanks I thought as they claim to be onesize that they might fit a littley folded down at the top.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:45 pm

winniewheresmypooh wrote:
buzzybee21 wrote:Our goodmama one was massive on Sephy - she's 11lb now but I don't think it will fit well yet a while.

Thanks I thought as they claim to be onesize that they might fit a littley folded down at the top.

I used them folded down on Kieren from 6 weeks but they would be HUGE on Darcie at the moment...

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:48 pm

The smallest out of the ones I have bought so far look like the OWW and the Teenyfits. I also have some Kissaluvs which don't look much bigger, a bit boring to look at but I've heard lots of people say they like them, and I plan on dyeing them! I also bought a couple Jimmy Riddles in small, but they really are weeny, more like a nb size I would say, just a touch bigger than the XS OWWs.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:53 pm

I didn't buy xs nappies last time, but this time I have a bunch of xs swaddlebees and xs kissaluvs both with umbilical poppers. Have an xs puddlekins although its more like the same size as my other smalls. I've made quite a few of my xs fleece and wool covers myself rather than fork out for them.
In smalls I have nippa fit diddy diapers, in cotton & microfibre. Also size 1 bamboozles. And a few hemp nappies like bumhuggers, little beetles for nighttime.
Also have some tie-on disana in case I'm feeling that way inclined/desperate.
I've got some btp swaddlebees fitted that I remember being quite a neat fit on ds early on last time.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat