hf1

Best newborn nappies?

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Best newborn nappies?

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:24 pm

I'm all confused now. Do I need to be buying XS or does it depend on the make? As I said I would expect this baby to be born weighing 8lb 3ish going on past babies (obviously no guarantee)

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby buzzybee21 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:33 pm

winniewheresmypooh wrote:
buzzybee21 wrote:Our goodmama one was massive on Sephy - she's 11lb now but I don't think it will fit well yet a while.

Thanks I thought as they claim to be onesize that they might fit a littley folded down at the top.

The one (it's a ONE :lol: ) I have was really wide on her, as well as too big round the thighs. If you have a bit more of a chunky one it might fit earlier.

As for needing XSs, I'm not sure. I didn't have many but they haven't proved absorbent enough for us. The smalls / size 1 nappies have worked much better.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:38 am

Isn't it funny how different they all are! :giggle:

I have only used nappies on Darcie since she was born, everything else is way too bulky!! She was 8lb 5oz last Tuesday :) she is asleep now in a bamboo ll but its very big on her and gappy at the legs!

Luckily for me I bought 12 xs oww in the co op and they have been well worth their money!! I have 12 smalls too but only use them at night atm because of the bulk...

Teenyfits are fab too..

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:03 am

cool. thanks for the replies everyone. certainly given me something to think about. ;)

Is there another OWW coop soon. Can't see one on the calendar but wasn't sure if there has just been one or if another might be in the pipeline?

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:10 am

winniewheresmypooh wrote:cool. thanks for the replies everyone. certainly given me something to think about. ;)

Is there another OWW coop soon. Can't see one on the calendar but wasn't sure if there has just been one or if another might be in the pipeline?

I seem to remember it being mentioned that there would be another OWW coop around July time? Can't remember where I've seen that though, so please correct me if I'm wrong! :D

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:00 pm

rachymoo wrote:
winniewheresmypooh wrote:cool. thanks for the replies everyone. certainly given me something to think about. ;)

I seem to remember it being mentioned that there would be another OWW coop around July time? Can't remember where I've seen that though, so please correct me if I'm wrong! :D

Thank you. Will keep my eye open but I think as money is a bit tight I might start buying now and spread the cost.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Now that I've had a chance to try them I can add to this!! We're still in early days but Lucas has been a cloth bum since birth! :wine:

So far he's mostly worn Teenyfits. They're lovely and slim, but don't sit under his cord at all, they go quite high actually! Doesn't seem to be a problem yet and hoping cord will go soon.

The Lil Joeys are good, they sit almost under the cord on him and are slim between the legs but "thick" with material and not as high in the rise as a Teenyfit. They won't last as long but was a great first nappy.

The xs OWW was a lovely fit and sat well under his cord. The wool wrap went over it though! Lucas was 7lb 11oz born and 7lb 3oz an hour ago. He's very skinny though and doesn't seem to have a lot of length between belly button and bits - a long upper body though! Going to play around with the nb swaddlebees, kissaluvs, xs sandies over the next day or so with various soakers/wraps and will take pics and report back in time. :) He's still not pooing lots so I'm not getting through as many nappies (yet!)

My avatar
AAMum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby AAMum » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:19 pm

My faves are little lambs and tots bots size 1. I didn't find the oww absorbent enough.

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bloom » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:04 pm

If your expecting a larger baby i would get mostly small upwards. I have brought quite a few xs and am now worrying they will be too small. My daughter was tiny but judging by my bump size this time i think this one seems much bigger.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat