hf1

Best newborn nappies?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Best newborn nappies?

Postby monsterm » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Bloom wrote:If your expecting a larger baby i would get mostly small upwards. I have brought quite a few xs and am now worrying they will be too small. My daughter was tiny but judging by my bump size this time i think this one seems much bigger.

Wouldn't go on bump size hun. My bumps were huge & both my girls were tiny when born. Sometimes you just have a lot of fluid. They told me in the hospital that baby 2 was going to be at least 8lbs, she was 6lb 7 & came on her due date so you just never know. Size 1/small didn't fit her until she was almost 3 months.

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bloom » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:22 pm

monsterm wrote:
Bloom wrote:If your expecting a larger baby i would get mostly small upwards. I have brought quite a few xs and am now worrying they will be too small. My daughter was tiny but judging by my bump size this time i think this one seems much bigger.

Wouldn't go on bump size hun. My bumps were huge & both my girls were tiny when born. Sometimes you just have a lot of fluid. They told me in the hospital that baby 2 was going to be at least 8lbs, she was 6lb 7 & came on her due date so you just never know. Size 1/small didn't fit her until she was almost 3 months.

Thanks thats reassuring my daughter was only 5'lb7.5oz so just assumed i would have another tiddler. I have a growth scan next month so we will see. I think its highly unlikely that baby is going to be over 7lb

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:00 am

My first was 5lb 14oz at 37 weeks and my son was born at 38 weeks at 7lb 7oz then my third was born at 38 weeks and weighed 7lb 12oz so one diddy one def doesn't mean they all will be :hug:

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bloom » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:36 am

A bigger baby is better as we had huge hurdles with weight gain last time. I would quite happily have an 8lber. Im sure I will get some use out of the xs even if I have to sell them sooner than I expected.

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:37 pm

I managed to get an xs OWW to fit Archie a few weeks ago and he was 2 in December :giggle: he is ickle still though.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:09 pm

becky1978 wrote:I managed to get an xs OWW to fit Archie a few weeks ago and he was 2 in December :giggle: he is ickle still though.

oh my god that's so cute :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat