hf1

What washing powder/liquid do you use?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

What washing powder/liquid do you use?

Postby Amanda » Thu May 17, 2007 11:53 am

I've posted before about Ecover but can't remember if it was here, BC Cloth board or BC Birth board! Anyway, I've decided I'm going to have to use something other than Ecover on nappies, as they just aren't getting clean and are still smelly sometimes, even after a pre-rinse and hotter wash. I'll stick to Ecover on clothes, but thought I'd get Fairy non-bio for nappies. Just wondered what you all use...?
Amanda x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu May 17, 2007 12:00 pm

Hi Amanda, Ecover is particularly bad as it has high levels of soap (I understand!) which build up badly on nappies causing the smell issues and for the same reason don't perhaps clean as well as other detergents! I would be careful with Fairy non-bio too as I have heard that it doesn't react well with some sensitive skins and I know Connor has :? . The one I've heard mention is Filaretti (sp??) or something like that!

I personally use whatever I have in the house, usually Omo tablets and I use 1/2 a tab, so 1/4 of a normal· They don't even sell non bio here so I don't have any choice in that!!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Thu May 17, 2007 12:00 pm

I use Surcare for Erin as she has extremely sensitive skin and had a reaction to washing powder a couple of months ago. :( no dramas yet with this one though. In fact my friend commented how nice and clean and soft my nappies were when she was round... mind you mine are newer, she's been using cloth way longer than me.

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Fri May 18, 2007 3:14 am

Tory you have mentioned the only washing powder I recognise (omo). I use radiant powder which probably no one knows over in the uk. It's quite pricey but smells divine and cleans better than anything else I've used :D

Sam....

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Fri May 18, 2007 4:22 am

I use OMO or surf powder. I found we dont get on with any liquids, especially one but cant think what it is :lol: any way I stick to OMO mainly.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat May 19, 2007 10:12 am

We use surcare as it's fab for sensitive skins - only downside is like most commercial liquids and powders these days it contains optical brightners...

Bio-D is supposed to be very good and I'm getting some soon to try...

Amazingly we're allergic to Ecover here but then it's designed to be nice to the environment not your skin... (and if it has a high soap content that would explain it...)

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat