What is your favorite nappy fastener?

Nappi Nippa (Snappi Nappi)
50%
Aplix/Velcro
10%
Poppers
40%
A piece of old bailing twine or other string!
No votes

Total votes : 10
My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu May 17, 2007 12:12 pm

Nic asked the question so I thought I'd do a poll as we haven't had one for a while!!
Last edited by clothmama on Thu May 17, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu May 17, 2007 12:16 pm

I voted poppers as sometimes the applix loses it's sticky over time and the nippa is something i am yet to try :lol:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu May 17, 2007 2:16 pm

i havent voted, as i think that they are all great in their own ways!!!

Aplix -great for quick changes and non clothies to use, doesn't last like...
Poppers - take more time for me, but Zacharia cant get out of them!! ha ha, i tricked him!
Nippas - my personal favourite, tho i was scared of them just a few months ago. so adjustable, best for nights as can make nappy nice and tight for it doesn't sag anywhere by morning
bits of string etc - not tried this particualr method of nappy secural!...actually, i have a mama bless wool wrap which i havent ever used cos i didn't like the way it fastens with a bit of string!!!

Shevi

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu May 17, 2007 3:05 pm

I voted nippa, its been my fave since he was born. When he was small I hated aplix as I felt it added so much bulk to the nappy but now it is slowly growing on me!!! Poppers do my head in some days, espeacially if Louis is very grouchy and wriggly and you have a popper nappy then a popper wrap as well, I put up with them for the sake of my lovely BB Bamboo and swaddlebees as well as my EH hemp in the past!! I do prefer popper wraps though (but aplix when he was newborn!! :? :roll: )

I was actually thinking about this last night as I was quickly putting his night nappy on, the nippa was on in such a quick couple of seconds, probably quicker than I could do aplix and loads quicker than poppers. I was thinking that its a shame so many people are scared of them as a 'fiddly' option!!

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

Postby MrC » Thu May 17, 2007 3:58 pm

I voted Nappi nippa and I'm a bloke, so no excuses about it being hard!! :twisted:

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Thu May 17, 2007 4:15 pm

OK it appears I am strange (no change there then) as I have never thought velcro made my nappies bigger lol in fact my HH are the slimmest i reckon! and my slinki minkis are also pretty slim for a fat nappy lol!

I like poppers but velcro is easier. I don't mind the fuzzi poppers but theres too many on a mommys touch i find.

Never liked the look of those nippa thingymejigs though

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Thu May 17, 2007 4:16 pm

meant to say it is poppers over all as they look neater :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu May 17, 2007 5:26 pm

lol Hannah! :D Now I don't mind aplix, it was when he was tiny on a tiny nappy it made a difference, I'm actually considering putting my aplix back on my bamboozle that I unpicked unworn!! I won't though as I'm crap and never get the machine out!!! Still surprised you think hh is your slimmest nappy, I think fuzzis are loads slimmer but then I don't have a fuzzis insert, just use hemp and a mf cloth and they are pretty much as slim as a despicable!!!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Thu May 17, 2007 6:21 pm

Voted nippa, although it's very hard to choose.

Poppers give the worst fit for me, although I like the nice neat look they give and they stay looking nice, unlike applix.

Applix gives a good fit, it's very adjustable and it's good for other people changing - like my mum or dad. (DH is fine with nippa but he prefers applix)
But it gets a bit worn looking after a while and sometimes it can rub Matthew's little tummy.

Nippa gives the best fit, really adjustable and doesn't add any bulk. But it does look very difficult and intimidating to people who don't use cloth so not so good when someone else is babysitting.

I own nappies with all 3 fastenings and love them all for different reasons!

Joanne

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat