What is your favorite nappy fastener?

What is your favorite nappy fastener?

Nappi Nippa (Snappi Nappi)
50%
Aplix/Velcro
10%
Poppers
40%
A piece of old bailing twine or other string!
No votes

Total votes : 10
My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu May 17, 2007 7:34 pm

Looks like I am the only one who voted applix. I definately prefer applix on my pockets as it makes them so convenient. I don't mind poppers on nappies but prefer applix on wraps (although went through a stage of hating it when Charlotte started to sit up and it rubbed) and I just know that dh would not use nippas so don't bother going down that route.

Have to say that Charlotte doesn't try to undo her applix (yet :wink: ) so here's hoping. Also I have heard similar complaints about disps which can easily be undone so there is no disadvantage there.

Annette

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu May 17, 2007 8:04 pm

yup Taneli used to remove his disposables all the time...and sometime smear poo round his cot...yet another advantage of cloth!!!

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Fri May 18, 2007 3:08 am

I had trouble deciding too as I like all options for different reasons.

Aplix is great for quick nappy changes, but didn't work well in summer as lily would just rip her nappy off and run naked away from me :lol:

Poppers are great as they are highly adjustable and are Lily proof :D . I also prefer them on wraps and I agree with tory (I think she said it) that my poppered pockets (fuzzis) are much more slimmer than my aplix so thats great for under clothes.

And I use nippas when I'm having a lazy nappy day at home as we often just use towelling squares which are great and heaps easy. Nippas are just so easy to get the fit nice and snug too.

Soo...... I voted poppers, if I had to choose one!

Sam...

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Fri May 18, 2007 4:34 am

I voted nippas as I think they give the best fit and the nappy fits longer. and the nappies I make I have now started to use nippas with - so much easier than trying to sew the bloody velcro on so it all lines up perfectly!

I prefer popper wraps though as there much slimmer and velcro sometimes bugs me when Phebie is rolling around or trying to crawl and the velcro comes undone GRRR!

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri May 18, 2007 7:44 pm

I voted poppers, mainly for washing them I don't like the way you have to make sure the applix on all nappies is folded back or it gets stuck to everything!!

We seem to get a good fit with all nappies whatever fastening :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat May 19, 2007 9:42 am

I voted nippa - definately the best fit...

Applix on nappies can make them quite bulky around the tummy but I like the fit of applix on wraps - popper wraps aren't adjustable enough I find - and aren't as quick to put on!

Popper nappies I also think the fit is harder to get right as Isabelle always seems to be between poppers!

Not tried the string option ;)

Nippaing short-fibre bamboo nappies becomes a pain after a while tho' however much you rub them with a towel... But my bambeasy has very long bamboo fibre so is very easy to nippa and an excellent fitting night nappy!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat