hf1

In shock

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

In shock

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:16 pm

one of my friends has always been really off about me using cloth, lots of snide remarks and such, well her and her lo came too see me today. she went to change her lo's bum so pippa said she wanted her's doing and my friend so oh so your still using them then. was expecting all the usual remarks but she was really interested in them, especially when i explained i was still using the same ones i bought when we first had pippa. she asked if there were hard to wash and i said we only do three extra washes a week, she was then saying they must stink while your saving them for wash, as she ws stood next to the nappy bin :giggle: . she was amazed she couldn't smell them, although she's not converted, i think she might consider using them for her next lo (when she decides to have one) :wine:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: In shock

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:23 pm

OOh thats brill. I love being able to be all smug about things when there were so many naysayers when we first switched to cloth. I also got the same about :bf:

:wine:

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:56 pm

:yahoo:
I think most people just think it's a fad and that you'll be out buying the plastic landfiller efforts in no time. They only start to sit up and notice when they see you stick with it.
Even if you don't end up "converting" her, at least she is now more likely to look interested if someone else mentions the possibility of using cloth, rather than trying to put them off, which is a huge step forward. :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:04 pm

coastal wrote::yahoo:
I think most people just think it's a fad and that you'll be out buying the plastic landfiller efforts in no time. They only start to sit up and notice when they see you stick with it.
Even if you don't end up "converting" her, at least she is now more likely to look interested if someone else mentions the possibility of using cloth, rather than trying to put them off, which is a huge step forward. :D

Exactly
Although my nappy bucket honks now that Gracie is holding on to her wee over night :giggle:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:59 am

excellent :) fingers crossed she does think about when she has another

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:18 am

Oh yay...hope you manage to convert her :wine:

My avatar
mummy2threeboys
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mummy2threeboys » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:58 am

rachel wrote:Oh yay...hope you manage to convert her :wine:

WSS :wine:

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:42 am

[quote="Kirstyh"Although my nappy bucket honks now that Gracie is holding on to her wee over night :giggle:[/quote]

Rinse the nappy out before you pop it in, will stop the whiff being so bad and will be better for the longevity of the nappy.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat