hf1

Help with my newb stash

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Help with my newb stash

Postby Bloom » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:45 am

Ive never used cloth before so this is new to me. Im building up my stash ready for baby and would be grateful for any advice. My dd1 was 5lb7.5oz so baby will probaly be no more than 7lb and im planning on breast feeding if that helps.

So far I have. .....

4 tots bots fitted size 1
3 diddy diapers size 1
2 Thristies duo wraps size 1
2 weehuggers wrap size 1 & 2
1 tots bots fleece wrap size 0
2 lil joeys
3 ittis Sio size small
1 nature babies stuffable lite size 1 with insert
9 bummis prefolds
4 thristies inserts
1 teenyfit

I did have 4 preloved LL on there way but they got lost in the post.

So what else should I get?

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Help with my newb stash

Postby usinukveg » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:13 am

Liam was a smallish baby at 6 pounds 8 oz and we found that his tots bots/tots wrap where huge when he was born (they still are for that matter!) Thirsties were definitely the best wrap for us, well done for getting two. We relied almost solely on nippa'd prefolds and terries for the first few weeks as everything was way too big.

I guess i would suggest getting a few more flat nappies or some more teeny fits or other very small nappies, just to tide you over until size ones start to fit a bit better. I would also get a few boosters (or buy a pack of flannels which is what we did) to boost absorbency. You never know if you'll have a heavy wetter or not and dealing with leaking nappies while waiting for the postman to arrive with boosters is no fun.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:20 am

Honestly if you are expecting a smaller baby then a fair few of those will be too big. My DD was 6lb 12 at birth and we mainly used XS sandies and size 0 bimbles with XS motherease wraps. They fit perfectly. I would also get some more teenyfits if I were you. My little girl is expected to be small this time as well so I have a lot of XS/NB nappies in my stash. I am only using WAHM nappies and wool this time but if I wasn't I would definitely use bimbles and sandies again.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:28 am

Yep i agree...deffinatly more xs nappies!! My dd is 6 weeks old and is now about 8lb 7lbs ish and her size 1 little lambs etc have just started fitting in the last few days...they are still pretty bully but usable now.

Darcie was 7lb 12oz at birth and all that fit were teenyfits and xs fitteds. We have used thirstie duo wraps from birth too and they are fab!!

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bloom » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:38 am

Thanks for the help I was planning on getting some more teenyfits will have a look at the other xs nappies too. Its easier to hear what other people use as there is so much choice.

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bloom » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Ive been thinking about what I need to get and this is what Ive come up with.

I think I prefer fitted nappies to pockets so would prefer my stash to be bulked up mainly be fitted. With teenyfits and lil joeys for outings.

Xs kissaluvs
Size 0 bimbles
Xs sandys

How many of each should I get?

Should I get some 40x40 terries to bulk the stash out.

Also Ive heard Oww being mentioned a lot would it be worth trying to get some?

Is it possible to have much choice in your stash?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:15 pm

i would get terries because you cant go wrong fit wise :wink: there are a million different folds and then you nippa them to fit. Your stash sounds fine to me but if you do want to get some xs then go for it never have too much cloth :giggle:

everyone raves about OWW nappies so no harm intrying them

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bloom » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks for all your help i really appreciate it as i really have no idea how much of everything i need.

I now have 2 xs bumgenius
1xs OWW
4 xs sandies

i was going to get 6 Kissaluvs and a handful of small terries will that be enough do you think?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:56 pm

Bloom wrote:Thanks for all your help i really appreciate it as i really have no idea how much of everything i need.

I now have 2 xs bumgenius
1xs OWW
4 xs sandies

i was going to get 6 Kissaluvs and a handful of small terries will that be enough do you think?

Probably not. It depends on how often you plan on washing them and what drying facilities you have though. I would say you need at least 20 nappies, probably more like 25 to be on the safe side. I usually go through about 10 nappies a day at least on my newborns (dirty nappies at every feed :roll: :lol: )

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat