hf1

Are some children just not cut out for pockets/AIO's?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Are some children just not cut out for pockets/AIO's?

Postby megansmummy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:14 pm

I love the teenyfit/easyfit prints but no matter what i do we get leaks...i use them under wool 99% of the time (if we use them) so its no bother but this morning after an hour and a half Darcies sleepsuit and vest were all wet when we got home from the school run...I had boosted the teenyfit with a LL bamboo aswell :-?

BG worked for megan untill she was 6 months old, then we got untold leaks etc...I never bothered buying pockets for Kieren (any i did buy to try were sold on pretty quickly!) and now this again...I was going to replace Darcies teenyfits with easyfits but im starting to think i wont bother :( i LOVE the prints but I cant be bothered with leaks...

:gaah:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Are some children just not cut out for pockets/AIO's?

Postby lazylexis » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:20 pm

:wave: we have found some pockets great and others a lousy fit. Never could get any WN pockets to fit but greenkids worked great from about 6 months until he outgrew the rise! Didn't get on with any pockets when he was tiny. fuzzis are a lousy fit and our easyfits did fit well but now we get leg gape. I think it varies as with any other nappy - some nappies will be a better fit on different babies at differnt times and it can be a case of finding a pocket that fits or works. I guess there will be some babies where pockets don't work well at all. I'm hoping Nathan will change shape again soon and his easyfits will fit again!
Last edited by lazylexis on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:22 pm

I think so. Scarlett didnt get on with the teenyfits that much either and Sandys nappy rash seems to flare up if i use pockets so im mainly sticking to fitteds for both of them again. Sandy has a few large wee notions that i love and he is ok to wear them just for the day but thats it really, im selling some of my easyfits just now, they are fab and really absorbant but i need more fiteds for him.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:23 pm

They're not the most absorbent nappies in the world. I had to boost Jake's from fairly early on.

Both of mine ended up in fitteds and wool - Bella because she pee'd too much and Jake because his legs and bum couldn't cope with the PUL. I think pockets/AIOs have their uses in the manic few weeks/months when they are settling in, but when things calm down, fitteds are the way forward, at least for us.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:24 pm

What are the inserts made of? We never got on with mf at all in pockets with Ryan and we got to a stage where all pockets would leak no matter what they were stuffed with so like you had to just use fitteds. Its probably where she is :bf: so much atm that she is wetting quite heavily. You might find you're able to use them again once she is on solids and cuts down on milk. I have never actually used pockets/AIOs on teeny babies so have no idea if we are going to get on with them at all but I have got a few smalls for cuteness under dresses. :lol: I will mainly be sticking to fitteds as I have always found them 100% reliable and never had any leaks whereas with pockets it can be a bit hit and miss. Sell them and get sone DnFs in the co-op instead :twisted: :lol:

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:33 pm

I've only had experience with Erin so far but pockets are certainly something that she's grown into.
I tried several whe she was 3+ months, when we were trying out various different nappies, but never managed to get a good fit & always had leaks. It put me off pockets & AIOs for quite a while, and it was only after trying a few from the classifieds that we've had some success recently - with WN and BGs.
Still, if we're going out, or if Erin has been chugging through her drink, I'll still choose a 2 piece over a pocket/AIO because I know we can get a reliable, leak-free nappy.

Dooby x

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:16 pm

It certainly seems to be the case here too. I could never get on with pockets for Harriet but I love WNOS for Dexter. In fact I'm loving his pockets more than his fitteds and wool at the moment :shock:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Pockets are probably harder to get a good fit and absorbancy with than a good fitted - especially with little legs, the nappy and wrap/wool give that extra bit of protection from leaks.

We used prefolds and wraps for the first 6 months with Evie and I remember 2 leaks (which nothing could have contained), then moved to pockets - by that time her little legs had fattened up and the only time we used fitteds was for those in between times, when she was growing and I couldnt get a decent fit with the pockets.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:18 pm

xx
Last edited by tiyuricc on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat