hf1

Are some children just not cut out for pockets/AIO's?

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Are some children just not cut out for pockets/AIO's?

Postby paintedclaws » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:09 pm

We really struggled with pockets on Noah, everything needed to be double stuffed and even then we couldn't guarantee it'd last, he started flooding them very early on.

I love pockets on Poppy though, WNSS are just perfect on her with a greenkids bamboo insert. Same with WNOS but i'm not keen on the front fastening..

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:42 pm

I think the worst shaped babies for fitting pockets on to are pot belly + skinny legs. The trick there is to fit on the hips under the pot belly as much as possible, poppering down to a smaller height if a one size so that it is tight as you can under it, rather than fitting over the tum, then dropping below and being loose.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm

I have got on with pockets fine on both my cloth bums but they were pretty big newborns so that prob made all the difference as they never had the matchstick legs.

I used fuzzi's at first on Ruairidh and moved over to BTP when he was about 2 months.

My avatar
fluffpuffin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fluffpuffin » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:41 pm

We always get leaks with easyfits too. The fit is just not great for us. Have you tied stuffing your BG's with other inserts? The mf doesn't hold all that much. I usually put a LL bamboo insert under the big mf insert to get longer out of it.

Other than that maybe just try some others. pop-ins have a double leg gusset, so aren't a prone to leaking.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:11 pm

Miranda wrote:I think the worst shaped babies for fitting pockets on to are pot belly + skinny legs. The trick there is to fit on the hips under the pot belly as much as possible, poppering down to a smaller height if a one size so that it is tight as you can under it, rather than fitting over the tum, then dropping below and being loose.

I have to agree with this completely!!
Grace was sooo scrawny on her legs when she was born but had a comparatively big tum so especially with side-snap nappies we struggled to get a good fit...

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat