hf1

Newborns-how many nappies?!

My avatar
Princessmedi
Clothie
Clothie

Newborns-how many nappies?!

Postby Princessmedi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:44 pm

I have bought some teenyfits to use with Bump but how many do you think I will need?!
I didn't start using cloth with my dd until she was 1 so using it on teenys is new to me :)
I'm hoping to only use pockets/aio this time around!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Newborns-how many nappies?!

Postby lazylexis » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:51 pm

I would say at least 15-20 although a lot of people find pockets don't work well for teeny ones and if they do then this often changes as baby's shape changes and you may need to change the type of nappy. we have found pockets usedful for around 5 months to 13 months but now cannot get a decent fit with most of them.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:57 pm

I would say at least 20, probably more like 25. It depends on how often you are going to be washing them, the type of nappies you will be using and their drying time. I agree re the pockets, a lot of people do not find them particularly reliable on newborns so I wouldn't buy all pockets or even all of the same brand of nappies, get a few each of different types to try out. I have mainly fitteds in my newborn and small stash with a few pockets/AIOs as I plan on mainly using fitteds and wool. Then when you know what works best sell on what you don't get on with and replace them with ones that you do.

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:01 pm

I use teenyfits everyother day with my NB and owe whoa when fitteds on the opposite days. I love both brands and there excellent for my DS :wine:

I haven't had to use anything else and I'm now building up my small stash to replace the NB ones I have as I need to sell them soon :wink:

We have 25nappies and that is more than enough, I do wash daily though :mrgreen:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:05 pm

i have 20 nb nappies (teenyfits and diddy diapers) im now having to boost the diddys as they dont last 2 hours on my 3 week old. I also have some smalls (littlelamns and some wham nappies) he can fit in the smalls now as well as the nb ones, and I am mucj prefering my ll's and poddlekins over all of my other nappies. the ll's dont need boosting during the day ( i get 4 hours from them easily) and I got 6 hours with the ll boosted with its bamboo booster.

My avatar
Saz
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Saz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:17 pm

I had 14 terries, 6 prefolds, 10 muslins & 6 wraps with DS. We did a load every day I think and had a tumble dryer so had a fairly quick turn around for them. The prefolds got very quickly put to one side, never to be used again and we stuck with the muslins mainly in the early weeks moving to the terries when DS started weeing more.

This time around we have no tumble dryer so I'm thinking I will need a few more in case of long drying times. I still have all the terries and wraps but only 6 muslins as some got chewed up :( so will be buying a new pack as well a adding to my wrap stash, introducing some woolies and maybe a few fitted nappies.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat