hf1

Im having a re-think about using cloth on bump :(

My avatar
donna4
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Im having a re-think about using cloth on bump :(

Postby donna4 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:16 pm

hello ladies this is my 5th baby and i only found cloth with my last lo when he was just over one, so this time i decided i wanted to use cloth from day one so iv built up a decent stash nothing exciting mostly bg's and fuzzis preloved from here, but as id like to bf again iv heard you can get a few explosive nappies etc, im just thinking with 5 kids 4 under 5 its going to be to much work im thinking of cutting my loses and putting them on the classifieds on here as if they dont work for us i then have to find the time to take pics and put them on here but at least now i have the time to do this.
:roll:
xxxx

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Im having a re-think about using cloth on bump :(

Postby monsterm » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:18 pm

Why would explosive nappies be an issue? As long as baby is exclusively breastfed the washing machine can deal with baby poo so no need to be worrying about cleaning off the nappies.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:21 pm

You can get leaks but imho, disposables leak even more :wink: I didn't use cloth on my DD from birth and the number of times I picked her up to see a big brown mark on her babygrow, I cant tell you. DS however, was in fitteds (mainly) from birth and then we used pockets from 2 weeks. He is still in the same pockets now at 18 months.

My avatar
Night Garden
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Night Garden » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:37 pm

I b/f second time round and DD only ever did #2's once a week, so you maybe lucky.

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:54 pm

You know what, I've never had an issue with explosive nappies and I've had the boy in pockets since about four weeks and he's EBF.

I mean he has done some that when you open the nappy I wonder how it's been contained but honestly I've had more containment issues in disposables.

My avatar
donna4
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby donna4 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:01 pm

thats where im in two minds as with the other kids i never had a problem with "the other type" of nappy (lol) i never had to deal with nappy rash either guess my lo's were lucky. also i dont know anyone in my area that uses cloth either and can not always get on here for tips or dvice etc, so guess im scared of it not working really, think this is the main reason for my doughts :roll:
any other big families out there thats use cloth :wink:

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:09 pm

I have four children EBF and my youngest is 20 days old :wink: it's been fine :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:58 pm

In your first post you only list one reason not to because your worried about explosive poos but wouldnt that be the same with disposables :-? I never ever got any leaks but have known plenty of people who had them sposies so i would say its more of a reason to use cloth :wink:

Is there other things your worried about ?

My avatar
donna4
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby donna4 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:09 pm

im scared of not been able to keep on top of cleaning, the leaks (on bounty endless people have problems have leaks) i used sposies for my other 4 (my youngest had cloth for 6/7 months only) and never had leaks and they always fitted brilliantly i dint have to put much effort into trying different nappies to get the right fit, my hubby refuses to use cloth he did last time too so the nappies and fingers crossed breastfeeding will be down to me so really everything will be down to me when hes not here plus the care of my other 4 lo's, so really just woundering if it would be "easier" to bf/ sling and co-sleep and leave the nappies for the pro's :wink:
sorry for the moan im just trying to do the "right" thing by bump but its stressing me out :-?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat