hf1

Im having a re-think about using cloth on bump :(

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Im having a re-think about using cloth on bump :(

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm not far Donna :wink: it should only be as much nappy washing as you do now, just more nappies :D

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:25 pm

donna4 wrote:any other big families out there thats use cloth :wink:

Um yes, I have six children and have had two in nappies several times. :D

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:32 pm

does your other half change sposies? If not then it wont make a difference if he does then maybe just remind him how much money each one costs!

Try not to get stressed now hun :hug: cross the bridge when you come to it, the washing machine must be on all the time anyway right with a big family so you prob wont notice the extra.
The slingign breastfeeding and cosleeping are all things which will simplify being a mum IME so maybe that will leave time fot the cloth nappying :mrgreen:

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:44 pm

I suppose it's an issue that every new clothie experiences isn't it. I must admit before I started I felt a little overwhelmed by the thought of washing and changing them. But I have to say after a few weeks of having a bin full of disposables and having to lug nappies back from the supermarket I was fully fed up of it all. I just decided one day to just go for it.

I started off with cloth during the day, then went to cloth and washable wipes and am now onto night nappies. You don't have to go all out all at once and yes there is a time at the begining where you're still figuring out what best suits your baby, but you'll get there in the end.

Plus taking the nappies to the washing machine and back again is much easier than dragging yourself to the supermarket.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:03 pm

Hun I can understand that you're worried but all you can do is give it a go! It can be done and I think you will enjoy it and feel good for it, get yourself some cheap tots bamboozles and a motherease airflow wrap and see how it goes, they are simple to re sell as often you dont need photos as everyone knows what they are and are easy to use, the two part system will easily handle bf poo and i had no problems, in fact the sposies leaked the most.
Just chuck em in the machine and wash with a bit of bio powder (or non bio if you must) extra rinse and hang em out or tumble drys or hang em on ur stairs or anywhere, if you only use one or two every now and then at least you're getting an idea of what it's like.
Good luck hun and try not to beat yourself up about it x

My avatar
donna4
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby donna4 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:23 pm

:hug: thankyou all for your replys, and advice but iv errrrrm put them on classified and i feel relieved for doing it to be honest.
yes hubby did the nappies all the time when there dispossible.
but i can honestly say im glad iv done it now i can concentrate on all the other things to do with bump now and treat bump to a few things when the nappies sell :wine:
thankyou again ladies i just needed to say it out load or type :giggle: to make me decide what i personally whant to do, and i take my hat off to all you ladies when you learn how to bf, use cloth etc i just dont think im cut out for it. but thankyou again
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxx
x

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:30 pm

donna4 wrote::hug: thankyou all for your replys, and advice but iv errrrrm put them on classified and i feel relieved for doing it to be honest.
yes hubby did the nappies all the time when there dispossible.
but i can honestly say im glad iv done it now i can concentrate on all the other things to do with bump now and treat bump to a few things when the nappies sell :wine:
thankyou again ladies i just needed to say it out load or type :giggle: to make me decide what i personally whant to do, and i take my hat off to all you ladies when you learn how to bf, use cloth etc i just dont think im cut out for it. but thankyou again
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxx
x

If you feel happier now then that's all that really matters. You could always try cloth when the baby is a bit older. With my 3rd baby I bought cloth for him for when he was born. He ended up much bigger than I anticipated and very very long in the body so none of the small stuff fitted him. :shock: :roll: Until I could sell them and build up a stash of bigger ones he was in disposables, so probably a couple of months or so.

He was in cloth until about September last year but my health deteriorated and I was really struggling to keep up with the normal washing let alone nappy washes too so I switched back to disposables. I feel a bit sad that I didn't keep going with cloth but am able to cope better now. I didn't realise how much I was struggling until I switched him back to disposables. Hoping he will want to potty train soon and leave the world of nappies for good.

:hug: :hug:

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:49 pm

We used disposables initially and they used to leak constantly... If you're that worried about it, take photos of the nappies now and save them on your computer just incase cloth doesn't work for you.. You could even write the advertisement as a word document and save that too. I really think you won't want to sell them though once you've started using them.

My avatar
donna4
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby donna4 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:32 pm

thankyou again, well iv sold quite a few nappies already as hubby said if im not using them i need to sell most of them to be able to get some sposies to get in front then get some on each shop, i can just concentrate on the breast feeding side now as last i only managed 3 weeks due to total lack of help and support i also bought bottles and formula last time "just in case" and yes i gave in when i knew i shouldnt of and i just dont want to put pressure on my self to acheive everything as bf is much more important to me than cloth, so thankyou for letting me go on and bore you all lol.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you all xxx

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat