Marks on baby's skin

My avatar
mum-of-3
Clothie
Clothie

Marks on baby's skin

Postby mum-of-3 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:44 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to know if your babies/toddlers have marks on their tighs/belly/back from cloth nappies? like when you take the nappy off, do they have marks on their skin and if they do what kind -just small lines, deep red ones etc..? and please tell also what's the nappy and what is the build of the child, slim, chubby etc.

My baby, Fuad, sometimes has marks on his skin e.g. BumGenius tends to leave marks (not red but very visible light marks) on his thighs but TotsBots Bamboozle never. Also Swaddlebees leaves marks too if he has a size M but if he has size L no marks -however M gives a better fit but I like to use size L on him more as it doesn't leave any marks. He has little bit of a tummy and chubbyish thighs.

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Marks on baby's skin

Postby Natalie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:23 am

We dont really get marks unless ive done the leg poppers slightly tighter than usual. We use M/L's mainly PBPD for pockets. My DD in tall and slimish shes about 20 pounds

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:32 am

Isabelle has super sensitive skin and marks easily so we do sometimes get red marks where the nappy has been done up a little tight but normally we don't get marks.

One thing that used to cause red rings on Isabelle's thighs was detergent buildup in the cuffs of nappies - pockets, wraps and fitteds... Stripping the nappies did help with that.

We do sometimes get pressure marks too (the ones that aren't red) but then again I get those from wearing socks or tight Jeans etc :lol: so I don't think those are anything to worry about :D

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:22 pm

glad you brought that up, my dd gets red marks on her thighs, but if i do nappy looser than it leaks, suppose the marks are just like what we get from the tops of socks - i'll stop worrying about it now

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat