hf1

Help with bamboozles (nippa not gripping)

My avatar
ellemonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Help with bamboozles (nippa not gripping)

Postby ellemonkey » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:49 am

I have about 15 size 1 bamboozles which have seen better days but I don't want to give up on them yet.

They are the nippa style but I cant get the nippa to grip at all.

Is there a way to revive them, I strip washed them, tumble dried with dryer balls and they are soft but still no pile for the gripper to hold on to.

Anyone esle experieced the same issues, they are third hand if that helps. :giggle:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Help with bamboozles (nippa not gripping)

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:57 am

i'm using old bamboozles that are velcro, but the velcro isn't holding very well so i'm nippa'ing on top. the only thing i've found is to sort of roughen up the area by scraping the nippa teeth over it a couple of times before putting that side in, and kind of giving it an extra push with my thumb after that bit is in, then the same with the other 2 ends.

mine were only previously used for ds, so this is the 2nd child using them, and they're going bald in a lot of places (ie there's no pile) but thankfully not where the nippa sits. if yours are bald across a wider area and where the nippa sits, then i don't think there's much you could do.

hth

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:36 am

I rough it up as well, and hold the ends of the two long arms in place while I fasten the bottom one. Once they're pulled tight, I find that the tension wiggles them into the fabric more. If I don't hold them in place before all three are in place, the pulling on one or the other to fasten in seems to unhook the others.

My avatar
ellemonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ellemonkey » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:12 pm

might try a bit of scuffing with a wire brush, they're not bald, but they are more like corduroy than bamboo now.

My avatar
NaturalNursery
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby NaturalNursery » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:16 pm

You could try aiming to get the gripper bits into the warp of the fabric rather than into the pile - I found this worked quite well.

Otherwise I know customers who have converted them into hook and loop to solve the problem.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat