hf1

Diposable Flip inserts

My avatar
SLB
Clothie
Clothie

Diposable Flip inserts

Postby SLB » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:14 am

Tell me about them, are they any good? How long do you get out of them? I have been thinking about our hols coming up and would like to use my cloth but don't want to spend my time on holiday washing nappies!!

Could I use them in say my BG pockets. Would they go in the pocket or lye on top? Or am I just being rediculous thinking about it!!! I don't have flips in my stash and don't fancy forking out for some just to go on holiday but if I could used the disp flip inserts in my current stash then that may work..... We won't access to a washer but I could easily hand wash through my pocket shells and use disp liners as well.

Hmmmmm- any advice welcome. I had assumed I was destined for the sposie route

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Diposable Flip inserts

Postby beffys » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:16 am

That's what we did last year. I used the flip inserts with BB pockets and hand washed the outers. Was fine.

My avatar
SLB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby SLB » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:18 am

beffys wrote:That's what we did last year. I used the flip inserts with BB pockets and hand washed the outers. Was fine.

Oh great :wine: Did they fit inside the pocket, or lay on the top? How long did you get out of one? Sorry for the questions but need to arm myself with evidence before mentioning it to hubby :giggle:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:21 am

:wave:
Also intrested in how long they lasted and whether they were ok overnight for our hols :giggle:

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:28 am

It was 3-4 hours probably. I took a couple of night nappies in a nappy bag as we were just away a couple of days. I didn't fancy using PUL pockets overnight as we only ever used them in daytime. I could double the flip inserts up in the pocket to boost too and got about the same time as I'd normally get out of a pocket with cloth inserts. They are pretty trim so you could use 2-3 together overnight. It was good on the train even though LO was at the stage where she could use a potty. When she did go she was flooding them quite a lot and they were fine. I think maybe we were doing 1 wet nappy change half way through quite a long train journey.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:34 am

It depends how much your LO wees. DD is a heavy wetter and they were pretty much useless for us. Even when I used 3 at a time, they barely lasted an hour. My SIL has used them on my neice though and they worked fine - she used 2 for overnight with no problems.

My avatar
SLB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby SLB » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:44 am

he will be 6months old so we should be OK......

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:40 pm

we took them on hols last year, u can use them in BG pockets with no problems, 1 insert lasted DD 3hrs when she was 6 months and we used 2 inserts overnight with no problems.

I could post you a couple if you cover postage costs, and you can try them overnight and see how you get on x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat