hf1

Advice: Bamboozles v Geobel

My avatar
redmum23
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Advice: Bamboozles v Geobel

Postby redmum23 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:36 pm

Which do you think is more absorbent, and which do you think holds its price better as pre-loved?
Umming and aaahing over what to top my collection up with....

Thanks in advance. Dont think other half would really have an opinion.

Anna x

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Advice: Bamboozles v Geobel

Postby JanX » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:44 pm

I found the goebel to be slimmer fitting, and slimmer accross the bum than the tots bamboozles. This wasn;t good for us as I always got poop leaks from the goebel!

The goebel comprise of the nappy and a small seperate booster that you can choose whether or not to place inside, whereas the tots has the booster flap sewn in as part of the nappy.

I found the tots to be far more absorbant (perhaps because they are a bigger nappy and therefore have more fabric to them??)

The goebel seem to be stretchier in the rise than the tots so may be a better fit for a taller slimmer baby, however i find the tots to fit for longer (the tots still fit my practically 3 year old son whereas the goebel were outgrown at not much past his 2nd birthday)

Also as far as I can see the tots seem to hold their value more, purely I think because they are a bigger brand name.

hth

jan x

My avatar
redmum23
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby redmum23 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:07 pm

hmm yes I think I agree with you!

My boy is a bruiser and on that advice tots would be better for the growing behind! My little girl is as slim as they come (15 months between them and they are virtually the same size width ways!!) but she will probably be out of nappies soon so..... I think the tots have it. I do find them a bit bulky in comparison, but then maybe that is a plus considering what they are used for :lol:

I'll PM you now BTW :-)

Thanks for your advice

xx

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:34 pm

I have to say I prefer the bambinex (as the geobel are now called). They are thicker now than the original geobels, and I just find the fit so much better.

The baby I childmind outgrew the bamboozle much earlier than the bambinex.

My avatar
redmum23
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby redmum23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:47 am

AH! Now thats interesting - the outgrowing bit! I do find the tabs much better on the Geobel - they seem to wrap around much better.

Thanks for your thoughts :-)

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:23 am

I'd have to say I think the geobel are a much better fit. At 18 months we had to sell the bamboozles, as Kayleigh grew out of the rise in them. The others are still going strong. I think the bamboozles have a better second hand value. To throw another bamboo nappy into the mix - little lamb bamboo. It is more absorbant than either the geobel or bamboozle (and thus not as slim), but also has a higher rise than the bamboozle, however it won't hold the second hand value of the bamboozle. We actually put a small hemp booster in the geobel (underneath the lay in bamboo booster) in order to increase absorbabcy.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:27 am

I would say the Geobel are better and always advise people to get them over Tots - the small sizes fit smaller babies as the tabs cross over, so gave a better fit on Ben when he was born. Then the tabs are actually longer than the Tots so will last longer. They are also a slimmer fit.

I like that the booster is removable as I didn't use it in the beginning.

I agree though, the Little Lamb Bamboo are very good too - probably thicker than the Geobel and a little cheaper.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:36 am

Just had a quick look on the Geobel site and their single Wambamboo nappy is only £4.99 which is a great price and cheaper than both the Bamboozles (which my dd outgrew early) and the Little Lambs (which I prefered over the Bamboozles but took ages to dry).

http://www.geobel.co.uk

Sadie xx

My avatar
redmum23
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby redmum23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:00 am

thanks everyone! Well I have a few of each, but just cant make up my mind which are the better before topping up, so thought I'd ask your opinion.....

the geobel do seem to fit better, but the absobancy doesnt seem as good - even with an extra booster. looses its shape a bit when wet. Maybe i should try their newer ones next time (next shopping spree that is, not next baby. plenty of the former to come I hope, but none of the later!)

Thanks again

xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat