hf1

Thinking about giving up cloth. update pg 3!

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Thinking about giving up cloth.

Postby doobykat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:42 pm

megansmummy wrote:just ordered a couple of puddlekins all hours to celebrate :giggle:

Now those nappies are enough to make you want to stick with cloth :giggle:
Maybe you could do something like just stick with the LL during the day and the Puddlekins at night? That way the majority of your nappies will be ones that need very little assembly, and the few that do will be the gorgeous PKs :hug:
I can imagine it must be a task that can seem overwhelming though. It's bad enough with just one in nappies :shock: And as much as I love my gorgeous WN pockets, it is a time consuming task to firstly peg out all the inserts and secondly stuff them all back in again. I think I might be investing in a few more of the WN inserts... at least they're all sewn together so I don't then have to peg out and then stuff 3 individual inserts :roll:
I still love my Little Comfort fitted nappies though. They're the ones that take the least amount of time to prepare and are the ones I fall back on most often when I know I'm going to be short of time.

Dooby x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Thinking about giving up cloth. update pg 3!

Postby tanya » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:55 pm

:giggle: I have Jake in sposies whenever he gets sore, so I can cake him in cream and not worry about clogging our cloth. But I don't like the skinny bum look!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:02 pm

tanya2007 wrote::giggle: I have Jake in sposies whenever he gets sore, so I can cake him in cream and not worry about clogging our cloth. But I don't like the skinny bum look!

WSS! Glad you've made a decision.if u want to borrow any small little lambs just shout

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:10 pm

:hug:

I know what you mean about the wait times, I know we really struggled at one point as Rufus was growing really fast & then got sensitive to wetness so needed staydry inners, nothing like Ittis etc worked and there was nothing on classifieds ever so it did get stressful waiting for things to be made, shame easyfits weren't around then! We got through it with good old bamboozles & Little Lambs in the end ... boring but there are some nice wraps around now, Thirsties prints or Wee Huggers. Glad we perservered and didn't go down the sposie route, but you need to do what's right for you

x

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:05 pm

:roll: :giggle: Have been feeling fed up of all the washing and stuffing of late too. I packed Max off to the ILs the other day with just sposies just to give myself a break from the washing and sorting out. :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Luckily I dont have any pockets, only fitteds becuase i dont want to deal with leaks from pockets/AIO's :-? I have 12 OWW small which I was planning on replacing with mediums, 15 size 1 bamboo little lambs, 5 small DnF's (with 5 more ordered in the co-op) and then a few randoms fitteds... I think when i need to build the next size up then i will stick with one type of fitted and then the PK all hours for nights :) maybe having a simpler stash will make things easier...

I do love woollies though and so perhaps I can find my fluff fix through lovely woollies and they can cover up our plain little lambs :)

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:22 am

I don't use fitteds but I often wonder why buy all the gorgeous fancy one's if the plain one's work, especially when you can put gorgeous woolies over the top anyway :-?

My avatar
fieldinguk
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fieldinguk » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:37 am

It's HARD isn't it...how the hec did they cope before the washing machine ?!
in a jam, i use tesco's biodegradable disposables which make me feel a little bit better about the throwing waste.

I also use if Hazel's ill too...
chicken pox + baby+ cloth +me = not enough wine in the world....

do what's right for you- but i'd be sad to hear you stopped using cloth naps completely- why not have a break?

i also take a lot on myself and find myself saying 'thank you' to my husband for doing the washing etc...then an hour later think- hang on, hazel's his daughter too! i know i do this to myself though...can you spread the load any further?

My avatar
luke6v38
Clothie
Clothie

Postby luke6v38 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:41 pm

Would you consider EC? We have started EC a couple of months ago and do think EC is ace! Less nappies to wash/dry/assemble, and it is much better for the baby, too. xx

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat