hf1

Thinking about giving up cloth. update pg 3!

My avatar
mummy_mi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Thinking about giving up cloth.

Postby mummy_mi » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:47 am

I only have Chloe in cloth and cant imagine how it would be if there was two. I did however start to feel as you were and took the step of ditching most of our pockets, I just got too fed up with stuffing them. So fitteds and AI2s make up most of our stash and I usually put them together whilst watching TV. Now it's warmer and I can hang the nappies outside it's better as well, I was getting fed up a few months ago of seeing inserts on all the radiators!!

Maybe just cut down a little, cloth in day, sposie at bed/when out or something. And get rid of any faffy nappies. I'm fed up with customs too, and wish I'd never started with them and had just kept it simple and quick, pay for nappies, they arrive the next day but nevermind. It is a kind of hobby I guess, if I werent spending time looking/ordering nappies then I'd just be doing something else.

Anyway sorry you feel like that but maybe just take a few days to get it in perpective and say in a month from now, if you're still feeling this way then start to get rid of them.

HTH xx

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:48 am

I think that's why in the back of my mind I've already decided to use terry squares on the baby mainly, with ds2 they were quick and easy to wash and dry, I washed them during the evening, hung them quickly over the radiator racks before bedtime and they were dry by morning. Plus it means I can still buy/make pretty wool/fleece/wraps. I have a good stash of nappies, especially ones I know dh will get on with, but I also have some sposies upstairs for overnight should I need them. Do what's best for you hun :hug:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:08 am

Don't be too hard on yourself if you use sposies for a few days Tory. You are probably feeling like you are losing the love because it feels its either all or nothing IYSWIM.

If a few days in sposies gives you chance to catch up on washing and folding then go for it. You'll pick the cloth back up when you are feeling in control again. I am terrible when my laundry is out of control :hohoho: I'm some kind of laundry freak. :oops:

Immy has been in sposies this weekend (i.e ALL my days which is Thurs to Sun) as they are just sat in a huge pile in a laundry basket and I haven't got round to sorting them out :oops: I'm having a problem with Immy being between poppers on a lot of pockets and also some rubbing from fitteds and I need to sort these problems out. I don't mind putting up with leg hole leak at home but can't be doing with a wet pram/car seat if we are out due to the pocket problems so dispicables it is.

That being said, with this lovely weather I know I'll be back in cloth as I don't like seeing the dispos from under dresses and skirts :giggle: I know my pretty pockets look much better :twisted:

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:08 am

Oh you poor thing!! Can you go into sposies for a few days or part time for a bit just to give you time to regroup?

It is a bit relentless at times, I always have nappies drying and in the wash. I tend to let them pile up and then do a big stuff n fluff on a Monday night watching OBEM or the like.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:13 am

Take a cloth break hun. I had a lazy cloth week the week before last when we had the plumbers in and was using eco-sposies mostly and it took a few more days before I started to miss the cloth bum.

If you can, just sort out the nappies that are less faff and use those, mixed with sposies. I have never ordered from a coop etc because if I want a nappy, I want it now....it's hard enough waiting a few days for the postie sometimes :oops: :oops: :oops:

Don't let it cause you any more stress though, a break may be the answer :hug:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:05 am

My washing mountain is completely out of control, so I'm not best placed to comment on the nappy washing situation. :oops:

But on the custom side of things, I agree with Annette. It's not as if cloth has to be all WAHM or nothing. I'm lucky this time that Callum is an average wetter. (Hurray!) So the couple of Itti AIOs that we have work really well for him. They're the type that have the soakers sewn in, rather than snap in: no sorting nappies or stuffing required. I just hoik them in the nappy storage basket as they come in off the line and away I go. They're a good compromise of pretty, but easy to get hold of with decent resale value and easy to use. Just a thought ... :)

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:18 pm

I feel like this every now and again...I mainly use pockets though and I do feel like its a never ending cycle of washing/ drying and stuffing them and that's without the time it takes to flatten my inserts out before hanging them all on the line or airer....its not a quick job. With this move coming up for us I think ethan will be in disposables for a week just to give me a break and the same will probably happen for the week I go in to have this baby who will also be in disposables for the time I am in hospital. Whatever is easier at that time is whhat I will go for because I know its not forever and the break will be what we need. Why not have a little break? Or even a part time break from cloth? If you are anything like me then if you have had a little break in the past you can't wait to get them back into cloth. And as for the custom thing.....its why I rarely do fancy nappies as I can't abide custom times!....if I buy I want it here and now not in a week/3 weeks/3 months!...that in itself puts me right off. Good luck whatever you decide hun! :-)

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:36 pm

I definitely reckon a break would do you good. If you can take a few weeks or so off, then I'm sure you would feel the love again, if it becomes a chore that you dread then it's never worth it hun :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:38 pm

:hug: :hug:
As others have said, take a break and see how you feel.
I am worrying about it and I am no where near even thinking about buying yet!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat