littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Real nappy week 2011

Postby littlesez » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:29 pm

manchester is going full out!!!! check it out

http://www.recycleforgreatermanchester. ... al-nappies

they have greenabubs,manchesterrealnappies and birthto potty on board, cloth nappies will soon be taking over the whole of manchester :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

woooo, excited you might not see me much in May, ill be doing this :eek: :eek: :eek:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Real nappy week 2011

Postby smilinglou » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:53 pm

ooo jealous, very jealous :giggle: x

My avatar
mummy_mi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummy_mi » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Oh fabby, hope Sheffield does something even half as good!! xx

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:23 pm

I see that London is doing practically nothing at all. What is with this weirdo city? First, no breastfeeding help whatsoever in the western parts, I had to go all the way to Islington (3 hours round trip!!) and now only two measly events for real nappy week?????? You would think that such a large city could do a little better! Well done manchester!

My avatar
lacemakingmum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby lacemakingmum » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:50 pm

I thought London were trying to get some new nappy advisors :-? I thought I saw a thread somewhere here about it so was expectign them to get better.

Well done to Manchester thought. I expect herts will do very little as usual :roll:

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:17 pm

thanks for the heads up about the advisors lacemakingmum, i emailed her (somehow missed the thread when it came out)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:06 am

You could start something up ladies in your area if its not there already :D I remember talking to waste disposal agancy about cloth nappies 2 years ago and they were like "oh what a ggod idea" i was :shock: that the people who dispose of so many nappies wer not already considering a huge campaign.

why not try contacting some organisations. Manchester doesnt have an incentive scheme and tbh it doesnt bother me i think offering money/discounts isnt the answer we need to share more info. So if you do contact people stay away from incentive scheme discussions and sell it to them as them saving money int he long run on disposal costs :wink:

I spoke to councils,environmental agancies,local environmetal groups (some wren't interested) :shock: waste disposal agencies ect. you might make a difference in your area :mrgreen:

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:13 am

usinukveg wrote:I see that London is doing practically nothing at all. What is with this weirdo city? First, no breastfeeding help whatsoever in the western parts, I had to go all the way to Islington (3 hours round trip!!) and now only two measly events for real nappy week?????? You would think that such a large city could do a little better! Well done manchester!

Agreed!! :roll:

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:18 am

I don't think there's anything in the area...at least I haven't found it yet. I think that it would take a great leap of confidence for me to go and campaign for real nappies, but it clearly needs to be done. I think that Mr frenchveg would have a good laugh at me if he heard that I was going to go and lobby the council to do a better job of making people aware of real nappies. Hmmm. where to start (probably not with the council tbh..)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat