Water costs using cloth nappies

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Water costs using cloth nappies

Postby clothmama » Sun May 20, 2007 2:03 pm

Well I'm a bit shocked actually, I've just paid my 6 month water bill and I compared it to last years bill for the same period (the 6 months before the birth of Louis). I was expecting a fair difference with all the extra washing (obviously not all nappies!! :) ) and guess how much more it was???????.............

13 euros, thats about £8 and about $20

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How cool is that??!! Just goes to show how little impact washing nappies has over the grand scheme of things!! I have also noticed little or no change to my electric bill either :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !

Has anyone else compared?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun May 20, 2007 5:00 pm

No i haven't compared but will try to once we get the bills. That's fab though to know that it hasn't hardly made any change money wise to your household by using cloth :D

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sun May 20, 2007 6:47 pm

That's great! We paying a set amount each month for water so don't see the difference. But electricity hasn't increased as far as I can see.
For a while we considered asking for a water meter, as it'd probably work out cheaper for us - as we have a 3-bedroom house I think it's assumed there are at least 3 adults or 2 adults & 2 kids, so we're charged accordingly. We're very careful not to leave taps running etc, and when it's just me and Connor at home I don't even flush the loo if it's only got wee in it (sorry, giving you a bit too much info there!), so I'm sure we're overcharged. But I didn't pursue the meter as I thought washing nappies every other day would make it more expensive than our current bills, but now I'm not so sure....
Amanda x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun May 20, 2007 7:15 pm

MMmm bills are a bit of a sore point around here as they have soared recently. We aren't on a water meter so that has stayed the same but elec and gas have really gone up since dh has been at home all the time but then that is to be expected, we used to be out of the house all the time, never had the heating on, ony used the shower things like that but over the winter, the heating was on loads and he had the tv, stereo and computer on (often at the same time :roll: ) and we give Charlotte a bath every day so I am not really surprised we use much more energy than the 2 of us used to. Hopefully it will settle down over the summer as we don't have the heating on and they get out and about more.

Annette

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat