Itti Bitti vs Flexitot

My avatar
milliesmummy
Clothie
Clothie

Itti Bitti vs Flexitot

Postby milliesmummy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:47 pm

Hi There
I'm really new to cloth nappies and am already addicted, I just wonder if anyone could offer me some advice.
I have a little boy who is 11 weeks old and he weighs 17lbs (he was 12lb at birth!). He has quite a large tummy and is quite tall (3-6 month clothes are starting to get tight).
I've bought a couple of Itti Bitti D'lish which I love, however today he did his 1st BF poo in one and it went EVERYWHERE! admittedly he only goes every 3 days, so when he goes, he really goes!
I have also tried Bamboozles and a Flexitot, these seem to have great containment but when they're wet the whole thing is wet and they need a wrap.
Can anyone else offer any ideas or advice ?

Many Thanks
Caroline

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Itti Bitti vs Flexitot

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:53 pm

Hi
I love my Itti Bittis but I totally understand what you're saying about B/F poop (we had the same thing happen), my DD was the same so I didn't start using them lots till she was on solids and doing semi solid poo. I'm about to order a flexitot to try, the very nature of fitteds mean that they do get wet all over, hence they need a wrap, and you need a good wrap as it's the last line of defence. I found that wraps with a gusset like Thirsties were good at poop containment, I'm not a huge fan of fitteds and wraps and prefer my AI2s or pockets. I've recently tried the Modern Baby pop in (AIO/AI2) which I love, as it has a soft brushed cotton feel outer, bamboo (short loopy kind not like the Ittis) snap in inserts and they have leg gussets so should be good at containment, they are marketed as an AIO so you can't buy separate inserts and just change them like you would an Itti Bitti, oh and they are One Size so grow with you. Another One size I love is Bum Genius it's a pocket nappy and adjusts with applix. Can you tell me a bit more about what you want from the nappy? i.e natural fibres next to the skin, stay dry liner, one size, snaps or applix, do you have a heavy wetter, are you after a daytime or nighttime nappy, is ease of use important etc. that way I can tailor my advice to your needs rather than waffling on about what works for me and I'll try and help as best I can.

My avatar
milliesmummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby milliesmummy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi
I've just received a modern baby pop in, it looks great!. I'm now thinking I may order those instead, they're really soft and seem to contain poo really well.
They also seem to dry quiicker than the flexitot or the standard bamboozle.
What do you think to the pop in?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:00 am

I haven't heard great things about the flexitot but agree the itti bitti is a great nappy however for containing BF poop I found the cotton tots bots plus a weenotions or motherease wraps was our best combination - bamboozles were aslo great...

Another plain but excellent workhorse nappy is the little lambs.

I've seen the modern baby popins but no pics of how they work - the pics I've seen were a bit limited, are they like an AI2 like the itti bittis?

Fitted nappies will be soggy until the itti bitti when they're wet as they're just cloth - with the itti bitti it's like a wrap and a fitted, and they have a staydry fleece top layer...

If you're wanting to keep the wet away from his skin I suggest you try fleece liners.

Hope that helps

Steph

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:38 pm

I really like the pop-in, DD recently had to have antibiotics and we all know what that does to the plumbing :roll: the pop-in contained it all :D the inserts snap together then into the cover, drying is so much quicker coz you can separate the layers, it doesn't have a stay dry layer but you can easily put a fleece liner in, that doesn't bother me however because I like to rotate DD having natural and synthetic fibres next to her bum and I love bamboo :D I really like the soft feel outer too, as it feels more natural, as much as I love my BGs they are all synthetic. Something else I like about them is that the gussets are covered with the same brushed cotton feel fabric, as I really hate elastic (FOE/polyester binding) being on DD legs. All in all a great nappy IMO, so yes definately want to get more (when I've got Paypal :roll: ) just wish they did a pink or lilac.
Velvetsteph- they are marketed as an AIO because you can't actually buy extra snap in sets, but they work like an AI2 because the inserts snap in and out to separate for washing and drying and you can customise absorbency as they have a nighttime booster, a trifold which wraps around the other 2 inserts.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat